Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Setting up a call center

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Angsuman

I need to know how to set up a call center for customers from all part of the nation. Toll free numbers to be used to connect to the call center.

deepak handa

dear angsuman,

I wish to help you for setting up a call center, First I would like to know where(location?) you want to setup this call center.

Warm Regards
    Deepak

Vinay Talwar

Hi Angsuman,

As I have said in some other place on this site, other than technology it is very important to focus on ‘People and Processes’. Please keep this in mind while developing your business idea.

Further, other than the IPLC or leased line, the cost of setting up a 120 seater contact center could range from Rs 6 to 9 crores depending upon various factors.

In case you want more details or clarifications feel free to respond and I would be gald to help.

Regards,
    Vinay.

Angsuman

Thank you vinay for your response, i am interested to know that, what kind of setup should I have to cater to my customers nationwide while my call center will be located in Delhi.

Can I have a Terminating point at the district headquarters in each of the states and from there the calls can be routed to New Delhi using VOIP?

Regards,
    Angsuman

Vinay Talwar

Hi Angsuman,

In case you send me your email id I can mail you the Real Time
    Internet Protocol (RTIP) Network Topology.

I would like to add here that VOIP is allowed in India only in a
    closed user group environment and is being used as such even
    today by companies, however, the moment you connect to the
    PSTN and route the ISD calls through VOIP you are violating the
    law and that is a serious offence in India.

We expect Internet Telephony to become legal wef April 2002.

HTH

Regards,

Vinay

Deepak Handa

Dear Angsuman,

Depending on where the flux of activity is higher you can choose to have 30 seats each at four places using the ASP model.

You can have your servers located in US or for that matter in Delhi,India.

You can have IPLC extended to all the locations you want to have your agents/CSRs in India.
    This way you will save on cost as well as Bandwidth.

This is a proven solution, working in Bhuvneshwar,Jallandhar,Chandigarh and Ludhiana.

Warm Regards
    Deepak

Angsuman

Hi Vinay,

Thakns a lot, can you send me more detaill about RTIP. I know about the VOIP status in India, I am looking forward to april 2002, when it’s going to be legalized.

Thanks a lot to you as well Deepak.
    Angsuman

JOHN MILLER

I WISH TO SET UP A CALL CENTRE SELLING MOBILE PHONES. THE MAIN INFO I NEED IS WHERE I CAN GET PHONES TO SET UP CONNECTIONS. WOULD I BE BEST GOING STRAIGHT TO BT CELLNET FOR INSTANCE, OR SEEKING ADVICE ELSEWHERE?

Muzaffer

Hi,
    I need to know the information about how to set up a call center

thanks a lot
    Muzaffer

Praveen reddy

Hi Deepak,

I wish to setup a call centerIn Hyderabad, India.Provide all facility to my abroad clients with100 seats, could you tell me require Infrastructure and how much investment required.

Thanks in advance
    praveen

Simos Symeou

Hello,

I need someone’s help. I want to set up a call centre in the UK for my company. Before I do this I need to know what’s involved in setting up a call centre and how much it will cost me. I searched all over the internet but can not find information explaining the steps and costs involved in setting up one. Can someone out there help me please?

Here is a list with information to enable you giving me a more specific answer:
    a. I want to have 25 people to start with (I will later increase the number of people according to demand)
    b. Will I need to have 20 lines or less?
    c. Do I need any hardware device to redirect the calls to the appropriate operator?
    d. Any software involved?
    e. Will I need a server to handle traffic (or anything else) and a PC for each operator to install my software on?

If you know of site that helps with the information I’m looking for, that will do as well.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Simos

Angsuman

Hi Simos,

I worked for a call center in India for almost two years, the no. of line requirement will depend on your customer, if your customers are based in UK only, then you need to apply for a toll free no. from your Telephone authority that will enable your customer to call your no. free of cost. You wont be requiring more than one line. The call flow can be handled by a software called as Call Manager and it assigns the incoming calls automatically to the Call Center Agents depending on their Idle time.
    You need to have a server so as to load all the da
    ta related to your business at one place and accessible to all your agents (your agents will need a PC to keep track of your business :). If you are doing business on the internet then you will need a Router or some Firewalls for security reasons. Let me know If you want to know anything else.

Angusman

Prabodh

Dear sir,
    We want to setup a call centre.We are having enough office space in Bangalore, Delhi etc.
    Thanking you

Prabodh

Prakash

Hello Simos,
    Good morning. We are based in London UK and are currently in the process of setting up a call centre in India to cater UK companies. All depends on what services you need to provide.
    We have done a similar exercise in UK but the set-ups vary. Hopefully we can communicate of needed later. Thanks.

rgds,
    PK

Sandy

Hi Vinay,
    I have three years of Call centre work experience in Australia with a telecommunication company. They want to set up a call centre in India. what are the necessary equipment needed and the costs involved. If any other laws apply, please advise,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.