Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cell Planning

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Hi Ubaid,

you’ll need to be more precise, because it is a vast topic. If you’re starting from scratch, the best way for you is to buy a basic GSM book that will summary all the fundamentals.

Tufail

Hi Pix,

Can you provide me some stuff on Frequency loading..

Thankx n regads
    Tufail
    tufial@gmail.com

Tufail

Hi All,

v hav some strange problem in our nw, our vendour is ericsson…

problem is like this.

Durin drive test..

when a test call is initiated the full Rxlevel, FER n quality are good..

but when a voice call is intiated the full Rxlevel drops and Rxquality degrads to 7, FER degrads too…

v r using DTX.. i know tht i should consider RX Sub values..

Need some advice abt this problem..

thanks in advance.
    Tufail
    tufial@gmail.com

We r using

Sudhakar

Hai can any body tell me resion for hand-over failure in GSM n/w (Except congestion)

With regards,
    G.Sudhakar

Vanderley

Hi Tufail
    With test call you mean call to a an answering machine which talks all the time (for example exact time). Then you don’t have DTX in DL direction and the RxFull is correct. If you have DTX (normal voice call) then you have periods of silence where nothing is transmitted except the TS code. The RxFull will take into account also the silence with Q = 7; RxSub takes into account only training sequence and this is the correct value.

Tufail

HI Vanderley

form test call i mean call to MSC, where it generates a continous noise…

as per my exp.. with nokia we used same test call n there was no such problem…

i really want some solution to this problemmm..

i understand what u r talking abt..

but when using full the RXLevel drops to -098dbm beloww..

near the site..

thanks

Francis

Hi all,
    I want to Thank you Naveen for the link to the GSM Overvierw at ictfaculty.ir, iread it and it was cool.CDMA is gaining grounds around the world ,what happens to the huge GSM investments since their architectures are not compartable, will GSM just fade away,

Francis
    Idachabafe@yahoo.com

prasad

how we finalise that, one particular site is suitable for stm-1/ pdh/ stm-16/ stm-16 (mk-II)

Vanderley

Hi Tufail,

Just stop the DL DTX for a while and check. Make sure which on TRX you are for later troubleshooting.

yogesh_rf

hi all,
    can anybody tell me the reason ,iam on GSM900,no hopping site4/4/4 confg. codec rate is GSM FR.now my SQI coming is either coming 12 or 21(except callattempt, call end ,handover etc.)I am fully aware of SQI and the affecting parameters(like BER,FER,HANDOVERS,HIGH TA,DTX,CLASS 2 BITS EFFECTS,CODEC RATE used etc.)

BR//
    yogesh_rf

Banibrata Dolui

Sir , I want to know how TEMS investigation measures Rx-Lev,Rx-qual,BER,FER,DTX,C/I,C/A,RLT,Call drop,SDCCH blocking,

falesugene

hi G.Sudhakar,
    Most sites unless it is located remotely very far away (>40km) away from others have neighbours assigned to then. this is to facilitate handover when a MS is moving. but sometimes when a the neighbours assigned are very far so that at the time when they are supposed to be handed over to their RXLEV is quite poor, there is HO failure.

pix

something wrong in this thread, i can’t post my answer… help ?

Forum Moderator

[Moderator’s note: This forum has a very strong filter to stop unwanted posts. Please email your post to service at erlang.com so we can add it manually. Please include a link to this thread.]

hashem

hi
    i am hashem from kurdistan north iraq
    these are 2 portofilio sites which evry body which work in telecomunnicaion can use that ,

http://www.wireless.per.nl/reference/contents.htm
    http://www.wmo.ch/web/www/TEM/ICM-RA2/documents.htm
    with best regards
    eng hashem
    cell planner engineer
    hashem@korektel.com

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.