Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Switch Planning for GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    ladi

Satish,
    I do not know about the ericcson line
    variant however i know the lucent family.I think from experience i will
    advise that you let a Ericcson AXE TDMA do exactly what it is meant for.Let a switch be a switch and let a router be a router.Unless the the OEM has that option available by integration or hardware/systems growth.This way you will be sure that the generic will not have issues,
    the peripherals will not have issues,
    all processes execute as normal. when the OEM goes to his next customer you are left to
    manage what you built.

Prabhakar verma

hi! Satish
    I think i can help u with tht.
    There is nothing called as cdma switch .The concept of cdma only comes into the air interface and not on the switch part.In the Switch there only exist tdma and incase of ericsson it is T-S-T configuration.GSM Switches are infact TDMA switches.
    ANY more HELP REQuired guys???

Rachid

i work as a network quality eng. for a mobile operator with Ericsson technology and I want to optimisie my Drop call rate performance. one cause for this drop call is called ” Sudden Loss” , i don’t have the exact explanation about this cause and i would like that someone can give me details about it.
    THANKS a LOT

Satish

Thanks Prabhakar.

Core of the Switch may remain same but don’t you have to change any hardware at all. Can the TDMA or GSM switch be used as it is ?

Is there different software versions for GSM and TDMA ?

If you know what componenets to be changed can you please let me know. If you have any technical documentation of MSC 2000 or any AXE can you email me at punreddy@xtra.co.nz

I am talking about MSC 2000 (AXE) from Ericsson.

Thanks

Regards

Satish

Prabhakar verma

hi! satish
    incase of mobile(GSM) u have Software version R9 which is latest in india and incase of switch which would function as a transist or a local exchange u have T 4.2.

Satish

Prabhakar

Thanks for trying to help me to understand. Can I have your email id and contact numbers. I can give you a call. No problems. If you have detailed part list of MSC Ericsson can you please email me on punreddy@xtra.co.nz

I have BYB202 list. I don’t have BYB501 and MSC 2000. If you have AXE810 part numbers also that would be great. Do you have any technical documentation on AXE810 or previous versions ?

Sorry for asking so much but I want to understand the switch and the differences in each version. I know the size (foot print has come down from BYB202 to BYB501 to MSC 2000 to AXE810) drastically reducing the size of the components and number of components.

Thanks

Regards

Satish

Prabhakar verma

Satish , i think there is vast difference between by201 and by501 .Ericsson is the only company which as of my knowledge has sized down the hardware keeping redunancy in mind. Gone are the days whn u had 1 etc board,now u have an inbuild STM 1 magzine in the switch .same applies to group switch ,iog and cp. now iog comes in a magzine rather than a 2 rack .cp comes in a rack than than 2 rack. now there is a 3 1/2 inch od drive rather than 5 1/4 inch . no more tape drives.. there are lot of changes which i can’t describe.. for more details contact ericsson site..
    my mail id is Prabhakarverma@hotmail.com

Charity Mulenga

Prabhakar, I work as a switch planning engineer and part of my work is to study the performance and potential of the switch network. I maintain all the databases for the statistics of the switches. How can I use this data to make suggestions on how the network can be improved. Some of the stats that I collect include subscriber numbers, processor load values for MSCs, HLR, SCP and BSCs, traffic, c7 traffic.

Thanxs

Regards
    Charity

Luigimex

Hi, it depends on what you want to do, per my experience the statistics you refer are critical to have a good performance of your network and beyond that to have yor SLA for you customer that give you back money, I would like to give you some recommedation, guideline.

Prabhakar verma

WEll in my Previous Company.We had the Measurements on the Traffic route(ASR,BHCA),C7 Links,PLOAD,VLR SUBSCRIBER.
    WELL FROM THE C7 PART WE USED TO CALCULATE IF THERE WAS A NEED FOR ANOTHER C7 LINK WITH THE BSC OR PSTN SIDE ,ALSO WE USED THE TRAFFIC REPORTS FOLLOWED BY THE REPORTS FROM THE RADIO SIDE AS TO IF THERE WAS A NEED TO SETUP ANOTHER SITE OR INCREASE THE NUMBER OF E1 TO A PARTICULAR BSC,SAME APPLIED TO PSTN SIDE.WITH THE PROCESSOR LOAD AND VLR SUBSCRIBER WE USED TO INDICATE THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC/HUMAN ON ANY DAY.
    ASR WAS ALSO A MANJOR HELP IN THE UNDERSTANDING THE REASON AS TO WHY A CALL FAILED .

Ota Otu

Am fresh in GSM, perticulary trying to learn swithc planning. Any information please help.
    Thanks in advance

rohit ranjan

i am presently doing my post graduation in mobile and optical technology,i want to know about some books on r f planning &places where i should get some traning on r f planning i.e some institute which may offer me some project on this topic ,for this i will be ever obliged.thanking u….

Satish

Hi Rohit,

MANUAL ON MOBILE COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT – Geneva, June 1997
    CHAPTER 7 – RF Planning and Engineering Tools
    7.1 Introduction
    7.2 Propagation and interference analysis
    7.3 Site propagation images
    7.3.1 Signal Strength
    7.3.2 Reliability
    7.4 Combined propagation images
    7.4.1 General Information
    7.4.2 Best Server/Sector
    7.4.3 Best Signal Strength
    7.4.4 Second Best Inclusive Server/Sector
    7.4.5 Second Best Inclusive Signal Strength
    7.4.6 Second Best Exclusive Server/Sector
    7.4.7 Second Best Exclusive Signal Strength
    7.4.8 Sector Boundaries
    7.5 Interference images
    7.5.1 General Information
    7.5.2 Worst Interferer
    7.5.3 Single C/I
    7.5.4 Multiple C/I
    7.6 Frequency planning
    7.6.1 Handover Candidate List Generation
    7.6.2 Operations and Performance Data
    7.7 Plots and reports
    7.7.1 Propagation Reports
    7.7.2 Neighbor List Report
    You can down load this at http://www.itu.int/itudoc/itu-d/publicat/mob_97.html @40CHF (Swiss Francs)

If you go to Google.com you will get many books and many locations where training is conducted.

vincent abang

hi, i am new in GSM handset repairs
    and i am already finding it difficult, it’s just like i should drop it but i believe there’s someone who can help me out with useful information and technics on how to solve problems like NO POWER,NO NETWORK,CONTACT SERVICE IN NOKIA AND TRIUM, i have tried to all i could, since the technology is new to us in nigeria we have few or no expert we are just trying to help the nigerian populates with the little we know,
    So please help us with any information or BOOKS that will help.
    Thanks and GOD bless you.

Jawwad

Hi all,

It seems that the topic has swayed from switch planning to rf and so on.

I’m working for a GSM operator and have been working on switch, IN & SMSC plannings.

Can anyone help me in understanding the term “affinity factor” as used in trunk dimensioning?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 410 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.