Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Switch Planning for GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    a.alghoul

hello
    i am a telecommunication engineer interested in NSS part of GSM, i would like to know how the number of E1 required inter MSC is calculated
    thanks

Vijay

Hi alghoul, The number of E1 required between two MSCs depends upon the traffic flow between those two MSCs.
    For eg. If the traffic betwwen two MSCs would be 1000 Erlangs then min.number of E1s required to cater 1000 erl. are 36(using Erl B formula with 0.01% GOS)
    Regards

Vijay

Sorry that figure is using 0.1% GOS.
    R’s

Scot

Hi Vijay ,

This is as per Erlang -B Table ?

What kind of GOS is used in India ?

Rgds

Scot

Vijay

ya Scot, It is nearest approx. of Erlang B.
    and 2% GOS is comman in India.

Regards,

Scot

Hi Vijay,

This 2% GOS is aplicable for both PSTN Interface and BSS Interface ?

Rgds

Khamisi Kalegele

Hi Friends,
    Most of our sites are multiband.We have just introduced a dual band site(1,2,3 GSM 900 Sectors and 4,5,6 DCS 1800 Sectors) with 3/3/3 and 2/2/2 configuratins respectively.
    Strange!.DCS 1800 Sectors are experiencing very high TCH Cong.(Up to 75%)while corresponding GSM 900 sectors have always less than 1.5% TCH Cong. Sectors 1 & 4 points in same direction,2 & 5 same orientation and 3 & 6 same orientation.
    We tried to set 900 as a preffered band to try balancing traffic load,but it never worked.We also tried to enable directed_Retry,it never worked again.I’m afraid we mess up somewhere when enabling Directed_Retry.Please help advice.

Hassan Ahmed

Before to talk u, my intro
    is important to mention.
    My age is more then 22 n i am workin in TELIPS company as a system engineer from 2 months..i did my electronic engineering from Sirsyed university pakistan in 2003 .After that!
    I have learnt every thing going in telips.it is LL company n i have interest to work with WLL or any Mobile setup. i have great interest to get high knowlede in telecom. Im in situation where i cant do my masters…also i wanna get knowledge to work in field. i shell be very very very thankful if u guid me in such a manner that would possible for me n could make me skill full in telecom field. I am the seeker of knowledge but havn’t right path..

Advise me … Give me guid line plz
    n also i need complete info of NSS,BSS n CDMA

Vijay

Scot , It all depends upon u to decide for ur network. As far as my network is concern i’m taking 1% GOS both for BSS and PSTN.

Scot

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your replies.
    I would like to know more about Network Optimization and Planning.
    If possible give me your mail id scorplund1976@yahoo.com

I will send you the questions directly.

Rgds

Scot

Bruce

Hi,
    Can anyone help me to find some practical informations about gsm frequency planning?

michel

hi friends

i want some one explain me the way to calculate the number of sdcch channels in the combined or non combined configuration.

fouad

iam planning engineer and i want some one to help me to make DT
    ore to determine which frequency i use

Anwar Ahmed

good work as far as GSM design considerations are concerned . i m working in INTERNATIONAL SWITCH PAKISTAN on AXE-10 system by ERRICSSON. on SWITCHING i can help evereybode if one has any query.

Mahmood

Hi, I am working on Core SS7 and have recently experienced very high processor loads on our HLRs. Can some one please guide me to what may be casuing this?.

I very much appreciate you help.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 410 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.