Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BTS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    Fanie

Hi

I would like to know about a bts. How many TRX’s are there on it. Are they within a CU. What is a DUAMCO and how does it connect to CU.

Thanks
    Fanie

waleed

you must mention the brand of this BTS is it ERICSSON,MOTOROLA,NOKIA,SIEMENS,ALCATEL,LUCENT…ETC.and every brand of these famous manufactorer has many kind of BTSs and every one has different capacity…

Yasdi

I would like to know if humidity increased >90 % can have any effect on the performance part like Bad UL quality, bad SS Dl and Suddenly loss connection. (Ericsson)
    Thanks

Fanie

Follow up on the question of BTS. Waleed, thanks for your reply. The BTS is a Siemens BS240. Also mention something about DULNA & VSWR And duamco configuration. Thanks

waleed

hi fanie,iam working with ericsson equipment and i know alittle about siemens,so as i understood you you are asking about siemense bts which can consist of 8 transciever for master cabinette and it has ability to take 2 extension cabinetes so the total capacity could be arrive to 24 transceivers,2 time slotes for each one,iam sorry i don’t know how the dumaco configuration which concerning cu connections(transceivers connection and configuration to combiners).

Vuyof

Hi fanie,
    Following your question of what is a Bts?,
    A BTS is a Base Tranceiver Unit.It consists of the following:
    -Tranceivers(transmitter/Receiver)
    -Combiners coupled with duplexers
    -Antenna system.
    Depending on the equipment manufacturers,we have different configurations ranging from 2TRxs to even 24TRxs in one BTS.It should be noted that the higher the TRXs the higher the capacity of the Cell.Combiners are used to combine the Transmit signals to a common Antenna for transmission and Distribute the receive signals to the various Tranceivers.
    I am good with Ericsson and Alcatel BTS but the truth is that they all have the same features but different appeltions or terminology.
    If you can mention your email then I can sent you useful information on BTS and their functionality.
    Regards
    Vuyof

waleed

hi Vuyof.
    i have nothing about alcatel equipments(BTS,MICROWAVE)if you can send a soft copy i’ll be thankfull,my mail adress is:
    waleed1111@postmaster.co.uk

Fanie

Hi VuyoF

My E-mail adress id KMathabathe@cellc.co.za

Kenneth

hi Vuyof,

sould you please e-mail me too basic things to know regarding RBS/BTS and call processing within the RBS and time slots matter. RBS and NOKIA BTS would be best.

thanks!!!
    chevy_12676@rocketmail.com

KENNETH

HI Vuyof

you might have a general procedures in performing a test call/timeslot verification for RBS?

and drive testing using tems?

please!

thanks a lot!

i hope to hear from you

muzafaruddin

Hi
    I am working in two way radios my work includes programming system management,Dispatch console, and installation of repeaters,base stations&their programming. now i want to switch to GSM. i know the basics like how it works.you can send me some information about BTS on my mail.and also please send me manuals for cell planning .

Rob

Yes, I would also like to know what a DUAMCO does.
    Thanks
    Rob

Arindam

Hi Rob,
    A DUAMCO is a Duplexer Amplifier Multicoupler (In Siemens terminology). There are three versions 2:2,4:2 and 8:2. The first number is TRXs it can combine and the second number is output ports. Thus a 4:2 combiner can take output from 4 TRXs and combine them, so that they can be sent to two antenna ports ( 2 single polar ant or 1 cross polar ant ). The same ports receive the uplink signal from the antenna and split them into 8 parts ( after some isolation amplification etc.) to be distributed to 4 TRXs as main and diversity signals. Pl note that as the number of TRXs move from 2 to 8, the DUAMCO loss also increases.

Phew !! I hope that helps

Rob

Thanks Arimdam,

That was a very good explaination. I am currently involved in coordinating the installation teams who are installing Node B equipment here in Cape Town and there are a few new terms that I have not come across during my previous experience with GSM. Cheers.

Donte

Hi all,
    can any one explain to me the most convinient way to extend cell coverage without building a new bTS site.That is using only the existing sites and adding just other equipments to acheive this extension

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 469 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.