Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

STUDENT NEEDING HELP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shanker

I am third year student in Business management. In a nut shell, I am
    thinking of focussing on the call centre industry boom in Asia.
    The
    vission behind the chosen topic is to illustrate the lack of coherence in
    human strategy in asia. I need more direction towards the topic as the focuss in asia is far fetched.

Simo

Shanker,
    May be you need to think about what aspect of human strategy you want to deal with, like is it recruitment & selection, is it motivation of workers, is it the pay system?
    Hope this helps.
    If you had ideas on other lines then let me know, then maybe I could provide you advice accordingly.

Culture

I am thinking of analysing the cultural effects on employees interms of commitment, servicing international customers and parent company culture.

Trying to make sense of it >>>

Simo

Hi,
    I think, its a good idea to study cultural effects but then, you need to think what kind of culture you want to compare in the industry. I am referring to things like national culture, organisational culture and so on. You also need to consider how much time you have to do your dissertation. Is it 3 months or more than that?
    Narrow down yr topic, employee commitment will have a whole body of literature of its own….may be you need to think of that?
    How many bodies of literature, can you study, in the time you have?
    Right now, you seem to be thinking of quite a few bodies of literature:
    national culture, organisational culture, employee commitment,customer service,operations management (u have talked about night shifts). Each of these can be a dissertation topic. You need to choose one, or at the most, two; depending on your time limit.
    Let me know if this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.