Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Switch Planning for GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    mohsin Ismail

hi ASAD MAHMOOD KHAN

Our voise/speech is 3Khz, The PCM encodes 8 bit words and do 8000 sample/sec, so we get 64Kb/s.
    The choosen E1 or T1 is related to capacity, regulation and network. For example if your country has been chose E1 for interconnection, then you also have to choose E1, if not, it might be problems follow if wrong format used. In terms of capacity, E1 is better which is 2M and T1 is less than 2M.
    I’m not have any exprience if T1 connect with E1. But logically it will problem expecially with CIC(circuit identity check) arrangement. CIC have to be same between other’s MSC.

I think that’s all, hope it can be as a guide for you.

rgds
    Mohsin

switch

Charlie T,
    Hi you can change the parameter of NEAX from basic to PCR on its signaling card(hardware) It is found on the CCSPF cabinet.

regards,
    switch

switch

Charlie T,
    Hi you can change the parameter of NEAX from basic to PCR on its signaling card(hardware) It is found on the CCSPF cabinet.

regards,
    switch

switch

Charlie T,

regards,
    switch

Switch

Specifically, PCR is controlled by a rotary dip switch on the P-7K9P C7 card. This rotary dip switch has 16 settings. A description exists in the circuit description document (OS-502160-005.

0 Basic 64kbit

1 Basic 56kbit

2 Basic 48kbit

3 Basic 40kbit

4 Basic 32kbit

5 Basic 24kbit

6 Unused

7 Unused

8 PCR 64kbit

9 PCR 56kbit

A PCR 48kbit

B PCR 40kbit

C PCR 32kbit

D PCR 24kbit

E Unused

F Unused

Jyothi

Hi,

Can anybody help me make my concepts clear with the Roaming details. Like how GT translation is done then how at the end it reaches the other network. And which Translation Type (TT) is used for what.

Thanks in advance.

Recep SANLI

Hi friends,
    I am working for a GSM Company.
    My responsibility is inspecting of installation for created cells (BTS-Base Transceiver Station)and generating quality assurance reports for them.
    I required detailed information on how i can check the installation of a BTS? Are there some checklists that i can use or any documents that describes this work (i mean, inpection of installations and functioanlity of BTS units) step by step. Our BTS are mainly Ericsson (RBS 2000 series), Alcatel (BSS v6.2) and Nortel (S8000 series).
    Please help me out.
    regards,
    Recep SANLI

emeka

Please can anyone tell me how to get information on alcatel nss planning and design, plus QOS.
    thanks

Sanusi I Muhammad

I am an Electtrical Engineer doing my masters in Kano- Nigeria. I want to design a circuit that will be able to seize the signal of mobile phones that are within a certain range of the circuit. For example if placed in a room or hall where no gsm disturbance is allowed, it will seize the signal so that no calls can be made. I know it will be of great importance to us here in Nigeria.
    I hope some one can give me an idea please.

Mahmood Alam

I need info on the Siemens D900 GSM. Also need tutorial on the GSM call Setup and Signalling
    I will be highly obliged if you can send me some material or for
    that matter suggest me some website.

ASAD MAHMOOD KHAN

Thanks Mohsin
    I have recently joined Ericsson last month we may now share more on the technical issues.I like this forum very much.Actually this que regarding selection of 32 channel why? was asked by alkatel to one of my friend he tried to convince them but could not.why 32 not 1000.I have given him logic this is optimum time slots for small or large exchanges standard and ofcourse ur logic also but i he was not sure what they were intrested to here from him.

Peter HANA

Dear experts,
    I have 02 quetions.
    1. In switching exchange, we refer to the BHCA (means number of calls in busy hour), is that right? How can we define this parameter? Or how can we calculate this?
    2. Erl: What is the basic of this parameter? How can we define this?
    For example: Normal subcribers have 0.01 – 0.03 Erl. Where does this result from?
    Thks a lot.

Sandoshak

Hello Jyothi – 19 Mar 2005

GT or Global Title is a general concept/method of routing .As its name suggests TITLE is a stream of digits attached in front of all Signal packets (call busy, called party number, ssn etcc.,) SO that they can be routed to correct destination. Roaming is just one application.,actuallt most of Switches are using GT for Internal Message Routing ,under the hood.
    in simple Terms:

GT Translates to DPC + SSN;;
    Dpc = dest.point code
    SSN = sub system No.
    DPC i guess u know.
    SSN is general term that can broken into any system number : from MSC/VLr–>BSC–>BTS–>Subscriber no..

SO when One MSC wants to communnicate with other MSC, in a network of many interconnected MSCs it Routes it on the basis of a PREDEFINED DEDICATED GLOBAL TITLE ,prefixed with the actual signal Packet.

SO in the Gist GT can take any value from MSC/VLR Number to a simple Subscriber number.

I hope u find it useful
    regards
    Sandoshak

Jyothi

Hi Sandoshak,

Thanks.

Can you plz tell me the MAP messages that will come while the dialogues take place for GT Analysis.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Jyothi

Ganesh

Dear All,
    Its a really an interesting and Knowledge sharing site.
    Im in Erricson Switch.-AXe10.
    My query is
    1.I’m trying to make automatic routing changes for a destination based on asr.Can anyone pls help me in commands and procedure.
    say eg; if any destination of trd say 111 has got 5 routes r1,r2,r3,r4&r5.i want the routing to be done based on the asr of routes.ie; if r1 asr goes down a preset vlaue then it should automatically goes to next rout and so onand finally it should follow the good asr route.
    I’m in need of the solution very urgently,

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 410 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.