Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang calculation for GSM Network

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    keshav

Somebody please explain how can we dimension the signaling links in TDM(both for LSL and HSL-ATM/HSL-STM)

Prabhu

Can anyone say how to calculate equipped erlang of a BSC??

Bijoy

Prabhu
    Just know the TRX capacity of the BSC.

Biswaranjan Rout

what erlang can one Trx handle in busy hour and what is the process of calculation.

Prof

Will inner band retain the call if outer band signals are weak?

Consider the following scenario:
    We have 900 outer and 1800 inner band serving on a cell. BCCH / SDCCH is on 900 and 1800 only caters TCH.
    Suppose tilts are such that 1800 serves a radius of 5 kilometers while 900 serves a radius of 3 kilometers only (undesirable but can happen).
    Now suppose the call gets established when caller is within 2 kilometer of serving cell (on 900 of course) and then call is handed over to 1800. Customer is moving and exceeds the distance of 3 kilometers (serving area of 900 band is exceeded). Will the call retain on 1800 or does it need the BCCH of serving site to be strong enough to continue the call?

pix

B. Rout,

The erlang is calculated using very sophisticated formula. You must use the online calculator or refer to the erlang table.

regards
    pix

RAJ

MY ASKING FOR UNDERSTANDING IS THAT. HOW MANY SUBSCRIBER CAN BE SUPPORTED WITH CALL IN A CELL?

bioda

pls can someone tell me how to calculate the no of erlangs a particular bts can offer based on population and trafic data. thanks

harun

i need help, i have 30 days erlang 705214, how can i output erlang to total call minuts?>

Hamidullah M. RIAZ

Hi, I have many problems in calculating GSM Interfaces so, Please give me some common information about my issues.

pix

hello,

the common information about your issues :
    – they are all related to gsm interfaces
    – you cannot calculate them.

I recently wrote a training about GSM/E-GPRS interface dimensioning, and the duration of this training is 3 days. It is quite intensive ! 🙂 So it’s nearly impossible to explain about all calculations of dimensioning.
    Please specify your question…

regards
    pix

Yonas M

Will inner band retain the call if outer band signals are weak?

Consider the following scenario:
    We have 900 outer and 1800 inner band serving on a cell. BCCH / SDCCH is on 900 and 1800 only caters TCH.
    Suppose tilts are such that 1800 serves a radius of 5 kilometers while 900 serves a radius of 3 kilometers only (undesirable but can happen).
    Now suppose the call gets established when caller is within 2 kilometer of serving cell (on 900 of course) and then call is handed over to 1800. Customer is moving and exceeds the distance of 3 kilometers (serving area of 900 band is exceeded). Will the call retain on 1800 or does it need the BCCH of serving site to be strong enough to continue the call?

pix

yonas,

it all depends on your vendor… what is the cause of HO from inner zone to outer zone ? Is it based on timing advance ?

I seriously doubt so. It is probably based on RXLEV of inner zone. As long as RXLEV of inner zone is good, then the call remains in the inner zone.

But I repeat, this is vendor-specific.

regards
    pix

senthil

Can someone let me know how to calculate erlang value for E1.. I can see you guys mentioning 24 erlang for 1 E1 with GOS etc.,

What is the formula to get this 24 for 1E1 please?

Sohaib

I wanted to calculate the number of channels requried for 30 HR. Giving the input in channels and getting the output channels as well.

like 20 channels required to carry FR traffic how many channels are required to carry the same traffic on 30 % HR. Will really appreciate your response

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.