Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang calculation for GSM Network

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Assem Asad

Hi Waleed and every Body
    About Calculating the capacity that the BTS can carry depends on the distribution of TRXs among cells of that BTS, for example if the BTS has a configuration of 3+3+4 the capacity will deffer from that of a configuration of 2+2+6 or 5+5 the reason is the way that the Erlang table calculates the capacity.

Regards
    Assem

girija

hi everbody,
    i am looking out for formula to calculate no.lines needed when BHT and blocking is given.

faris

please..anyone know about the following:
    acceptable value of co-channel interference in GSM.

how do they measure co-channel interference..from base station to base station or what

whats we mean when we have A=55.3 erlang as example where A is traffic intensity

N=i^2 + j^2 + i*j..where N is cluster size and (i,j) are +ve
    integers..how do we choose i and
    j …is (i AND j)determine the
    value of N or vice versa

plz reply me ASAP at faris_aas@hotmail.com or here in this forum but i prefere in my email

i need this info too much

thx for all

RAJINDER MOHAN SHARMA

I want to calculate traffic in erlangs for a PSTN net work of equiped capicity 240758. and working connections 184560.
    Ishall be great full if you please communicate at testamb@yahoo.com
    Thanks.
    rajinder

MAhmood

CAn any one differntiate b/w INAP and CAP ? Primitives as well.

Dorji

Can anyone tell me the difference in Phase sequence, i.e. normal and open

Thanks

saleem.dweik@trc.gov.jo

please any one knows where I can find traffic engineering litriture for mobile network

MANOJ NEGI

WHAT IS THE UNIT OF EARLANG?

Tom H.

Strictly speaking, it is a dimensionless measurement and represents the continuous use of one voice path.

In practice, the unit is an Erlang and is used to describe the total traffic volume of one hour.

Please see http://www.erlang.com/whatis.html for more information.

victor

hii
    please explain me if we use half rate on air interface no of calls will be double on the Abis interface??? will it be 1 bit sub channel in case of Half rate
    urgent>>>>>

Pix

Hello,

In case of half rate, a cell can handle twice more calls than in full rate.
    On Abis interface, one call will occupy half an Abis nibble instead of a full nibble.

Problem of capacity will occur on the BSC side, depending on your vendor. normally, the BSC board connected to the Abis’s (TSU in alcatel system) is only able to handle a certain amount of calls, regardless whether it is FR or HR. So if you double the number of calls on the Air interface, you need to double your capacity in TSU.

BSC with a more modern conception should be able to cope better with HR (cf. the latest generation “BSC Evolution” for Alcatel)

Regards,

sharad bhatt

Hi,
    Somebody please explain how can we dimension the signaling links in TDM(both for LSL and HSL) and IP based networks.

Please let me know how can we get the bandwidth requirement for (1) TDM (2)IP

BR//Sharad

Janny

Hello, everybody
    i need yours help, because i`m student of telecommunication and information technology enjiner, then i writing my bachelor diplom so i can`t compute my radio network planning project in erlang of 1 pcm would give how many erlang in its. please help me? my yahoo mail is ms_chimgee999@yahoo.com contact me!

Pan

Dear, Janny!
    Look the top of this page. There you may find out reference to on-line version of Erlang calculator. You may type ‘blocking probability’ and number of lines in PCM (30 or 31) in appropriated fields and get the offered traffic (‘BHT’ parameter) value in third field for these conditions.

Innova

My erlang calculator has been sitting idle for quite a while. Let me compute for you:
    PCM = 30 channel for voice (1 circuit for signaling is assumed)
    Blocking factor =0.01

Erlang of the PCM = 20.33

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.