This is in reference to queries raised by you.If you say that you have worked with Ericsson system and it is the worst system, I think your criteria of rating a system is totally wrong.If you have considered following points before rating a system, your reply would have been something else:
1. Modularity in terms of Hardware and software.
2. Processor Capacity.
3. Ease in expansion/upgrade of system.
4. Very less power consumption.
5. Very rare hardware faults.
6. Ease in Hardware fault rectification.
7. All modules (MSC/BSC/SCP/STP/HLR/RBSC)user same hardware.This reduces spare cost to large extant.
8. Excellent and timely support round the clock.
9. All protocols supported.Also very reliable for multivendour environment.
10. Very less space required.
11. Timely upgradition of software and hardware.
12. Prompt revert to all customer queries and fulfillment of their needs.
13. Easy man machine interface and very easy to run commands.
14. Fastest available processors are used.If is so modular that we can use processor of other vendours without much difficulty.
and many many more which I cannot write due to shortage of time……
Now about your queries:
1.Ericsson systems take large and small frequently ( not drink — reload).
Answer: There is setting in Ericsson system with which you can control software errors and restarts.With this you can even release an error in one or many blocks by using forloop method which is not available in any other system.May be that the setting was not correctly done in your system which resulted in restarts.This type of setting is not available in other systems.
Que: APG nodes are introduced only to trouble the O&M people.
Ans: There were few problem when this node was introduced but the same has been rectified very soon.This node has been introduced to provide more flexibility to O&M people and to bring mml communication on latest standards as this node is Win NT machine.Also very soon interconnectivity between various nodes with in Ericsson system will be based on TCP/IP instead of Ericsson Properity protocol.The introduction of APG40 was a step towards introduction of the same.If you are still facing problem with APG40, may be that your lan is unstable.
Incase you have any further query, please revert on email@example.com