Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cause Code 16

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BilQ

I am getting Cause code 16, No idea about it why. Please help.

MikeM to BilQ

If you are talking in reference to Quintum and seeing this through the CDR, then the code 16 is normal call clearing which generally means, in this case, that the call originator hung up the call before the Quintum determined that the call was answered. They could have done this for many reasons such as long PDD or noise on the line.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

RDP

Hi,

I have a customer who is connected to the PSTN using a propreitary gateway with aculab cards. He is having lots of calls with release code 16 but very long holding times (no voice conversation). Signalling with PSTN is R2. Any ideas?

Cheers.

MikeM to RDP

RDP,

Because it is a proprietary solution, it may need to go back to their developers. The code 16 is defined by ITU as a Normal Call Clearing. Now why a device may issue it is dependant on how the device was created to interpret this. Like I mentioned previously, in a Quintum it is used whenever the caller hangs up the call prior to the Quintum reporting that it is connected. Now if you look at the actual event log, you will see that, per the H.323 spec, cause 16 is used anytime a call is disconnected normally by one party or the other, but the quintum only reports it to the CDR if the even happened prior to the call being answered.

MikeM
    mike_voip@hotmail.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.