Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

What VOIP hardware do I need to start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    attila_the_hunk

I am attempting to start my on little voice over IP service so I can communicate overseas for cheaper. However I am a newby and would like to learn more on the technology before I get started. How should I configure my network? What extra components do I need in order to be able to connect the media Gateway to the server (PBX)? I am aiming at integrating 35 telephone lines (voice lines) and communicate throught the IP network. Can it be done without resorting to extra Web Hosts in the end user contry I want to communicate with, or witch is the cheaper solution. Does anybody want to share a little know how so I can know where I should allocate my ressources when

VoIP Alaska

What country are you in?
    What Internet connection do you use?
    How much bandwith can you get?

attila_the_hunk

I am in Canada and I am using a DSL connection. Presently I have a 128 Kbps connection but the maximum bandwith my service provider offers is 155 Mbit/s. Thank you for responding!

VoIP Alaska

You can run two softphones on two computers or one wi-fi or one Broadband phone on your Internet connection.
    With the softphones on computers all you need is a headset and you can get free softphone software and free accounts that let you call PC to PC and receive phone to PC calls free. You pre-pay for PC to Phone (PSTN) calls.
    rh@voipalaska.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.