Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

E1 vs PRI

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mahee

I would like to ask a general question, what is the difference between E1 and PRI although both have 30 B channels and 1 D channel here in pakistan.

I see mostly people use PRI for dialed up service in a ISP but for bandwidth purpose they called E1. Also inform me what is the difference between channelized E1 and unchannelized E1.

On the other hand, I am not sure eiher people use E1 or PRI for digital Voice Gateway? Can you confirm me?

What is the signaling difference between E1 and PRI?
    and what is the difference between E1-PRI, E1-CAS ans E1-CSS and for what purpose they are use?
    I would like to ask a general question, what is the difference between E1 and PRI although both have 30 B channels and 1 D channel here in pakistan.

I see mostly people use PRI for dialed up service in a ISP but for bandwidth purpose they called E1. Also inform me what is the difference between channelized E1 and unchannelized E1.

On the other hand, I am not sure eiher people use E1 or PRI for digital Voice Gateway? Can you confirm me?

What is the signaling difference between E1 and PRI?
    and what is the difference between E1-PRI, E1-CAS ans E1-CSS and for what purpose they are use?

dmck

E1 is the 2Mb link, generally assumed to be 30 B channels, a D channel and a timing/framing channel, 32 in total.

CAS = channel associated signalling, the B channel is subdivided into time-slots, 1 for each B channel. These time slots are used to pass the signalls associated with each B-channel.

CCS= Common Channel Signalling. Signals associated with each B channel are sent as ‘packets’ as and when a signal is required

ISDN is an advanced form of CCS and operates over an E1 bearer. It is not an alternative to E1 it is just a different sinalling protocol over E1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.