Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

isdn d channel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nathalie

I have a DS3 and I channelized with a multiplexer. IDS1 is hooked up to D2400 tenor the engineer of the carrier that provided the DS3 keep telling me that he can see the DS3 but not the D Channels. I have no clue what he is talking about neither does he. He is talking like a robot. Can anyone please explain to me what needs to be done here.

Thanks

Mark

First, hopefully the DS3 is not connected directly to the D2400 as it can only accept T1/E1s not DS3s, so the multiplexor should be creating 28 T1s and 1 of these is connected to the D2400. For the D-channel issue, we are guessing that the multiplexor is providing and ISDN T1 to the D2400. You need to make sure the D2400 is configured for ISDN (CCSORCAS = 0) and then you need to configure the signaling group for the correct type of ISDN. Quintum has a document on their web site that fully explains how to configure the D2400 for ISDN. You can find it at http://www.quintum.com/support/1G/kb/telco/Configure_Digi_Tenor_for_ISDNPRI.pdf

Noname

Well, looks like the guy could see the DS3, and also the T1 or DS1 ‘s since there is not mention of them.
    The three levels will be, getting the T3 up, then the T2, if the multiplexer uses T2 at all, some muxes go from T3 to T1 in one jump.
    After that you need to be sure that the carrier could test the T1 link all the way to the gateway. A loop plug that routes the T1 line back to the carrier at the last point before it connects to the gateway will go a long way to find out where the trouble is at.
    If the carrier guy could see the T1 all the way to the gateway, but does not see the D channl, he is talking about not getting the proper signaling protocol on the channel 24 of the T1, the channel used for setup and control from the carrier to the gateway.
    Either the gateway is not properly set, your gateway is setuop as master and not as a slave, or the ISDN protocol is not the same on the carrier and the gateway.

Any questions, mike3799@yahoo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.