- This topic is empty.
21st March 2004 at 22:50 #26723FanGuest
1. What are the names of the main protocols used for carrying Voice traffic across Internet Protocols and what Transport Layer protocol is used
2. What typical end-to-end delays (latencies) are acceptable for a Voice connection and why
3. What bit-rates are typically used for carrying Voice traffic and how do they compare (eg. as a percentage) with the standard Ethernet LAN bit-rates
4. Describe what would be needed to make a typical PC operate as a VoIP terminal
5. Name some of the key parts of a VoIP system and explain how they are used in making a phone call from one VoIP terminal to another 6. Explain what needs to happen for a Voice call initiated on a VoIP terminal to a phone on the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
7. Explain how a voice-mail system can be implemented in a VoIP system. What extra equipment may be needed
8. Explain how a low-cost International Call provider uses VoIP to make lower-cost connections than a typical telecommunications company and what methods they may employ to make their offerings cheaper than the opposition. Include an explanation of what equipment may be used to do this
Thanks22nd March 2004 at 03:15 #26724dmckGuest
didnt attend lectures when you should have, eh?30th March 2004 at 01:16 #26725WoodyGuest
Yeah, somehow these questions look vaguely familiar, does somebody do comp3310.2nd April 2004 at 08:23 #26726MarkGuest
I don’t think just referencing ‘http://www.voip-calculator.com/forum/voip/thread.htx?thread=1921’ would have cut it anyway.4th April 2004 at 10:59 #26727KevGuest
OH,yeah! comp3310’s assignment.
anybody help?5th April 2004 at 06:56 #26728timGuest
oh yea5th April 2004 at 14:55 #26729chukosanGuest
looks like everyone’s googling led them to this page….haha6th April 2004 at 06:39 #26730GoldGuest
Pure Gold6th April 2004 at 12:53 #26731JoGuest
So is anyone actually going to answer them?7th April 2004 at 07:54 #26732SlatsGuest
I think not.7th April 2004 at 10:40 #26733NickGuest
Welcome to the power of Google 3310 lol, its not about missing lectures its a fun fun fun assignment.8th April 2004 at 03:03 #26734BobGuest
Fan: I know who you are and you’re in Big Trouble!