Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

I need a SIP guru to mentor me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Seshu Kanuri

Hi,

We have a H323 Switching hub with multiple POPs in Asia and our Switching in a large data center in NJ. We do not run SIP now. We have Cisco5300s, Quintums and stuff.

We are looking to start SIP enabled VOIP service to US customers on the likes of Vonage, VoicePulse.com etc and need a clean and simple atchitecture for setting this up at the least possible hardware cost.

Can somebody guide me where to look for such information and what would be such a setup would cost. We have a budget of around 50K to spend on this.

Thanks

Andrew Zhilenko

There are several possible solutions. First of all you can try to build you own SIP solution from free components such as ser, asterisk, vovida, … Will take you some time, and requires skilled professionals with SIP experience – otherwise you will just waste time&money.
    Or you can get a complete commercial SIP solution (perhaps integrated with the billing). You can check Cisco SIP server – it is about 40K and is not billing integrated, or PortaSIP from Porta Software (www.portaone.com) – definitely cheaper and can be used standalone or together with PortaBilling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.