Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Re: No voice outgoing from A800

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Karman

Hi, there, I got a strange problem, sometimes when I make a call I can hear called party, but he can ot hare me at all or very low volume of my voice, if I hang on an d dial again, it works as normal, need help to fix this problem

Thanks in advance

yibing

www.blue-lava.co.uk

Hi Karman,

This is a tricky, although very common problem when setting up VoIP circuits.

Quality issues are very often caused by latency on the IP network. If there are traffic “spikes” on the network this would explain why some calls are good and others are poor. This can be tested by running a ping command from the CLI on the Quintum to the unit you are connecting to.

Sometimes the wrong CODEC can cause problems but I don’t think this is the case here as this typically leads to no voice at all, although the call appears to be up.

First port of call – try the ping test periodically. The maximum you want to see is a 800ms round trip, any more and you will start experiencing quality issues.

If this is OK I’d be happy to look at the event log for you to see if any problems lie there.

Feel free to contact me at mhitchcock@blue-lava.co.uk

Marv

I am certain large mobile operators like Vodafone uses voip to route calls worldwide. I also notice a similar problem when I try to make an international call out of the UK. The receiving party I am able to hear but they aren’t able to hear me. I am able to get the call working though, but only after 10 tries or so which cost me a few pence every time I try. I’ve informed vodafone several times about this and they still haven’t gotten it right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.