Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ZTE Max Capable EDGE TS per cell

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike

is there any parameter limit max no. of EDGE TS per cell on ZTE as NUMREQEGPRSBPC in E///

Thanks all

Vicky_RF

Hi,
    We can give the preference to the TS as is either used for GPRS or EDGE or for both

Mike

Thanks how can i get through netnuman

Tanuj

Hi
    No There is no such parameter to restrict the No. of EDGE TS in iBSC’s as all its resources are in pool only

Mike

Thanks what about Abis configuration

Tanuj

I did not get the question, if i think what you are asking about no. of Abis E1’s configured in site for increasing edge pdtch, then that again depends on site trx configuration i.e no. of trx configured in the site and required pd channels, for 4-4-4 site and 2s+2s+2s pd congiguartion we are giving 2E1’s on most sites

Mike

Yes but am actually expert on E/// as we make comfiguration for no. Of 64kbps per TG is same exist or already it can make packing fo 16kbps to be 64kbps automatically actually am facing low edge throughput on zte network but am searching for bottle neck

Tanuj

Hi Mike
    Yes in E// system we make the EDGE config on TG by assigning the 64 for edge and 16 for GPRS, but in ZTE iBSC we cannot assign 16 or 64 the system does the packing itself based on the type of PDTCH whether its “EDGE enabled” or “GPRS enabled” you can only choose EDGE or GPRS. This low throughput is in a particular BSC or in the whole nw.
    If in some BSC then Plz check the DSP utilization of the BSC, the UPBB Board of the iBSC has the DSP’s and each DSP can support around 50 channels of PD so plz check if the DSP are overloaded or not as we also faced similar problem in our NW which was later resolved by balancing the DSP also in iBSC we can configure as many PD on a cell even when there is only a single E1 for the site but the Abis becomes the bottleneck there so check that also for some sites where many PD channels are defined but still low throughput

Vicky_RF

Now 1 DSP can support upto 80 EDGE TS +160GPRS TS,Mike which throughput u are considering LLC or RLC based?

Mike

It is RLC and LLC thr around 45 kbps average daily which represent low thr for other network i work on before with E///

Thanks to help me for main parameters i can check

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.