Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Troubleshoot roaming fault

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gerinc

Hello to all in forum,

May somebody say me what could be the basic verifications needed to do in Operator A when a subscriber of Operator A is in roaming in Operator B (in other country) if Subcriber A is not making Location Update.

For roamers of Operator B to roam in Operator A (I would be A operator) I need to verify the IMSIS analysis and Global title data, but the opposite event how would be?

I think to verify with signaling provider, but in MSC of my side is needed to verify something?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

rawand

dear is didn’t get your poing but for making a success location update like if you roamer A and what to perform a success LU under B in B side you IMSI translation with E164 & E214 need to be added in MSCs STPs and SCCP carrier in A side will added B E164 in their HLR for camel their E164 and VMSC GTs need to be added too in IN side

wallis dudhnath

Hi Gerinc,

Sorry for the delayed answer. Just a follow up to Rawand’s response.

For Roaming to work there needs to be a Roaming Agreement between the HPLMN and the VPLMN.

This will help to ensure that the Service Level Agreement can be fulfilled and will ensure that
    Billing information can be extracted / processed and sent to the relevant Mobile / Wireline operator (CSP). Refer to TAP3 / RAP processes.

With GSM (and 3G, 4G, etc..) the HLR / HSS / UDC / etc.. is updated when there is a change of Location.
    This is required so that the HPLMN can signal and route calls. At the time of writing (2019) most CSPs are using CAMEL, e.g. Phase 2, as a Feature to help with Telephony PrePaid services. The VPLMN and the HPLMN will
    as a minimum be required to support CAP V2 and MAP V3. The MSC/VLR/gsmSSF and the STP layer will need to be
    able to process IMSI and MSISDN.

IMSI analysis and MSISDN digit decoding are Features that MSC/VLR/gsmSSF supports.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

CAP – CAMEL application part

CSP – Communication Service Provider

MAP – Mobile Application Part

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.