Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Abis Optimization

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sds

in our network, we were using only 1 E1 for even upto 24 TRX using IPoE1.PS performance is very poor in such sites.

Now though there are 2E1s, PS performance is still poor. Do you have any idea?

Vendor is ZTE.

Smart

Were do u see the PS performance?

Smart

You should check how many idle timeslots you have.
    You can add as many E1 as you want but without configuring E1 channels they are worthless. Check your BSC and ask the BSC engineer to add 45 ore more idle timeslots

Pix

Hi sds,

yes, you should explicitely add more Abis-timeslots for EGPRS traffic. In ALU, we call them “extra timeslots”.

Regards
    pix

sds

where to configure these extra 45 idle timeslots,

Smart

I’m sorry I dont know ZTE equipment. Ask your BSC engineer, he should know that.

Tanuj

you must be using ZTE iBSC, in iBSC although the allocation is dynamic so we can configure many PDTCH without getting errors unlike in ZTE V2 where we used to get BIECOM errors, but this won’t increase the throughput as the bandwidth of the E1 is still the bottleneck and in iBSC there is no option to give TS on E1 for the configured PDTCH, so calculate the available idle TS left on E1 and configure that many PD channels.

Regards

Zabi

Hi SDS

check UPPB DSP distribution

it should be not more then 40 PDTCH channel when activite EDGE and for GPRS it should be not more then 80 PDTCH in one DSP

XiaoMu

in ZTE SDR, 24TRX —> 1E1 (IPoE1) is true only when we consider voice, without any GPRS or EDGE PDCH ( I assume ur GUP/UPPB capacity in iBSC well dimensioned)….As I rememebr for one GPRS PDCH —> 16Kbps in Abis and EDGE PDCH —> 32Kbps in Abis…these PDCH must be considererd aside from Voice…so in this case 1E1 will give far less then 24TRX, if not more then 4PDCH/Cell just consider 22TRX/E1 or even less…..Hope this helps

pix

Hi Xiao,

Actually the PDCH is not statistically mapped on an Abis capacity.

So if the voice is not too high on the Abis, the remaining capacity will be used by the GPRS, in order to give higher radio throughputs.

However, if the voice is highly loaded, in this case the GPRS will be strongly limited, as you stated.

Regards
    pix

XiaoMu

Hi Pix
    right….even though PDCH not statically mapped but we still estemate the total needed capacity in Abis the way I described….I’m aware of ur point that for IPoE1 we can’t even know which TCH/PDCH going on which TSL(E1)….but I gave the way ZTE dimension globally the Abis ….I was expecting u tell me that ur PDCH r mostly dynamic in that case its hard to estemate the transmission…but still u can try to afford the max u get from estimation

pix

hi,

Oh, sure, an estimation is always necessary, to know what to expect from a given capacity. I was just building on your previous post, not contradicting 🙂 Sorry if I make a wrong impression.

Regards
    pix

XiaoMu

Hi Pix

No offense my dear…I only wanted to to heat the point and make it clear as much as I could….tnx

Ram

Hi,
    what is is the abbreviation of dsp,uppb,usf and please explain briefly about DSP n no of dsp count

NPOC

Hi,
    what is the abbreviation of FNI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.