Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Microcell parameters for ALU B10

• This topic has 22 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by pix.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    mannu

Hi Pix,

Thanks for reply.
    This problem has happened since the site on air i.e from last one month.
    And uplink quality handover is high on daily basis with more than 60-70% only that particular sector.
    There is no frequency issue i am sure about it,and i already restart bts.There is 4 trx in that cell and average TCH assignment is around 2000.ALU bts model MBI5 is used on the site,is there any other parameter we can tune or any such report in which we find exact reason for Uplink quality handover ? Current time advance value is 3,and i am not able to find know how i will give idle channel interference.

Thanks
    Mannu

pix

hi,
    is it a micro bts or a MBI5 ???

idle interference is a KPI located in NPO.
    Object = Cell
    Function = Indicators
    search for “Idle”, you’ll find them eventually.

Cheers
    pix

mannu

Hi Pix,

BTS type used on the site is MBI5,and i checked IDLE Interference report on NPO and its show there is no Interference on any other bands.
    Pix do you think combiner issue may also caused this uplink quality handover problem,can i reset combiner from OMCR its is possible?
    And also in other sector of the site someday uplink quality handover percentage is high i.e 6-7 % and also call drop is 0.7% average from last 7 days.

Please suggest something for both the sectors.

Thanks
    Mannu

pix

mannu,

please share more QoS stats. The problem is too vague.
    Yes, you can reset the whole BTS or just the combiner. But the combiner has nothing to do with RxQual (theoretically). I would rather suggest that the TRX may have a problem.

But anyway, you really need to describe your problem with QoS stats. Right now, I don’t understand your problem : UL QUAL % = 6% is good. CALL DROP % = 0.7% is good.

Cheers
    pix

mannu

Hi Pix,

First i clear few point for your reference.
    1. There are two sectors in a Site(IBS)A & B.
    2.BTS used is MBI5.
    3.For Sector A KPIs are as follows average for 7 days with operator thresholds.
    SD Drop-0.2(threshold 0.3) OK.
    TCH Drop-0.7(threshold 0.3)Not Ok.
    Incoming HO-97 (threshold 99)Not Ok.
    Outgoing HO-99 (threshold 99) Ok
    HO Due to UPlink Quality-6.4(threshold 3) Not ok
    HO Due to downlink Quality-5.6(threshold 3) Not ok.
    And also there is no Sd or TCH blocking in this Sector A.

Now we come on Sector B.
    In this sector all the KPIs are under threshold except Handover due to Uplink Quality % is very high if u asked % wise then its 60% average and if number wise then there is 15-20 sample average.

And i also check all trx in sector B by changes pref mark,but uplink quality handover % still very high.And also i reset the whole BTS.

Hope things were clear for you.

Thanks
    Mannu.

pix

hi,

the thresholds in your network are insane…

in sector B – 60% UL Quality HO is very high. But number wise : 20 samples…
    What does it mean ? That there were 20 Handovers per hour ? per day ? 20 is absolutely nothing, you should not be doing statistical analysis on 20 samples.

What is the target cell for those HO ?
    Check the object “Adjacency” in NPO, Indicators> Matrix > Incoming Handover Requests & Attempts & Success. Please share those values with me.

Have you checked for “swapped feeders” ? But usually, the effect is on UL LEV HO % or DL LEV HO %. Not so much on the Quality.

Well, your problem is so small that I don’t think you should spend time on it 🙂 (but i’m not your manager, unfortunately) What is the RTCH Erlang BH for those two sectors ?

Cheers
    pix

mannu

Hi Pix,

Unfortunately we had to achieved this threshold and problem is even worst when the site is IBS.

Its Busy Hour KPIs in a day.
    And i mention earlier that there is no problem with HO in sector B.

Do you have any idea which other hardware cause this problem.

Thanks
    Mannu

pix

mannu,

yes, you said there were problem with HO in sector B.

“Now we come on Sector B.
    In this sector all the KPIs are under threshold except Handover due to Uplink Quality % is very high if u asked % wise then its 60% average and if number wise then there is 15-20 sample average.”

cheers
    pix

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.