Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

What is BSIC?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Greg

What does it mean to camp on a cell

Nguyen

Hi,

Camped on a cell: The MS (ME if there is no SIM) has completed the cell selection/reselection process and has chosen a cell from which it plans to receive all available services. Note that the services may be limited, and that the PLMN may not be aware of the existence of the MS (ME) within the chosen cell.

When camped on a cell the MS regularly looks to see if there is a better cell in terms of a cell re‑selection criterion (by using C1/C2 parameter), and if there is, the better cell is selected. Also if one of the other criteria changes, (e.g., the current serving cell becomes barred), or there is a downlink signalling failure, a new cell is selected. (This is called cell reselection).

Plz refer to GSM 03.22 for more information.

Greg

Wow! I’m very happy to have found this forum, thanks for your response Nguyen.

I’m trying determine the number of SDCCH channels I should allocate. Can anyone comment on what should be considered. I know it’s an optimization between traffic and signaling but I’m not sure what channels are used for SMS.

Nguyen

Hi,

The SMS uses the SDCCH channel to transmit. The SDCCH also used for location updating and for call setup. While calculating SDCCH, plz be noted that GOS for SDCCH must be better than GOS for TCH in a cell, e.g. GOS(SDCCH)

Nguyen

sorry, i dont know why this expression is missing:

e.g. GOS(SDCCH) must be less than GOS(TCH)

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.