Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TRX

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    israel

my question is, knowing the number of subscribers you want to cover, how do you calculate for the numberof TRX that will support that number of subscribers

cris

Hello

Is a TRX a Hw module or is the Dual TRX (EXxA) a HW module?

could be to remove only one TRX or has to be removed the EXxA?

thanks in advance

Bijoy

Hi Israel
    That’s simple
    Lets assume you have 10000 subs with .20mErl/sub,so total Erl=2000 erl

Now ,considering sites with 4/4/4 conf.we need 2000/20=100 cells,ie 400 TRX.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Israel

can some one tell me what frequency hopping is. Pls break it down so i can understand

Arjun

The frequency on which the information is transmitted changes for every burst is called frquency hopping.

Israel

what is the difference between a cell and a sector in a given BTS

cris

Hello

Is a TRX a Hw module or is the Dual TRX (EXxA) a HW module?

could be to remove only one TRX or has to be removed the EXxA?

thanks in advance

Pix

Hi,

The TRX is a logical entity, which is carried by a physical board. Your EXxA is carrying 2 TRXs, so if only one TRX is showing some problems, you probably have to replace the EXxA.

(warning: i’m not familiar with your vendor’s equipment, just saying some generalities… I hope it will help)

Israel,
    One “BTS” sector = one cell

You can use also the word “Sector” to refer to the azimuth of the antennas. For example, one sector is facing 100°. In case of multiband or 2G/3G site, several cells could be actually facing this azimuth. One 2G-900 cell, one 2G-1800 cell, and one 3G cell… So here, you have 3 cells on 1 sector.

Regards
    pix

Najib Fakhreddin

Dear, 1 TRX is two channels which is 8 time slots, by meaning a maximum o 7 subscribers can be handled by 1 TRX. so depending on the number of subscribers you can easily get the number of desires TRX.

ajay

Can anybody give me the technical explation for having only 8 Timeslot in one TRX. Why cant it be more than 8???

pix

hi,

gsm is a synchronized system. 3GPP decided to go for 8 TS per TRX. If they put more, then each occurence of one timeslot will be less frequent. Therefore, the throughput per TS would be smaller.

in GSM, TS throughput is optimized to carry full rate voice codecs (FR = 13kbps) with good radio protection.

regards
    pix

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.