Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

E/// extended range and TCC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    poncho4u

Hi,
    What is the impact difference between activating TCC (transmitter coherent combining) with TMA and extended range? I am thinking about switching from TCC to extended range on a number of cells where the TCC is still not solving my signal strength drops.
    Thanks,

Sunny

I am afraid the extended range would not solve the signal strength drops , it will only help if you are dropping due to timming advance meaning you are serving greater than the normal cell range of GSM which is 32 km and have good signal.
    The normal cell range of the GSM cell is TA of 0-63 TS , which gives you max distance 32 km.
    So if you have a boomer site in the rural area that goes beyond 32 km and has max TA of 63 will loose the Timming syn after 32km and will drop due to TA even with good signal strength.
    To solve the drops due to TA we put the cell in the extended range with MAX TA upto 127? which can double you range from 32 to 64 km, howvever the capacity will be cut into half also.

SHELDON

Hi Poncho4u,

It depends on the direction in which the drops are occurring (ie, DL or UL). As a general rule, you should use a TMA (or any other method) to boost the uplink when you use any feature that boosts the downlink power.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.