Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Internal, External, Outer cell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    NIG

Hi all,

could you confirm me those definitions
    Internal cells: belong to my BSC
    External cells: Cells defined in my BSC but belonging to another BSC (used for doing inter BSC handover)
    Outer cell: cell not defined in my BSC, and belongs to another BSC probably defined in an other MSC service area.
    In fact I am not sure about the definition of the outer cell (if it is related to an other LA only, or to an other MSC service area)
    thank you very much
    Regards
    NIG

Optimizer

I think outer cell are the 3G cells. so if u r using GSM and 3G network “internal” and “external” r used for GSM and “outer” is used for 3G

Sayed

Foreign Cell: A Foreign Cell is a cell that is managed by another OMC and it is the neighbor of one or several cells, also managed by that OMC.

Inner Cell: Inner Cells contain MSC data associated with the cell, which belongs to this MSC.

Outer Cell: Outer Cells are cells that belong to any other MSC in the PLMN to which a handover can be made from one or several cells in the selected MSC. An Outer Cell is only needed to create a
    Neighbor Relation to a cell belonging to another MSC.

Internal Cell: Internal Cells contain BSC data associated with a cell controlled by the BSC to which the Internal Cell belongs. The only exception is data associated with Neighbor Relations within a BSC, or between cells in different BSCs. If the cell has a subcell structure the Internal Cell contains the Underlaid Subcell data together with the data common to both the Underlaid Subcell and the Overlaid Subcell. It can also be set to be a Layer 1, 2,…or 8 Cell. The Level 1 and Level 3 Type Cell parameters can
    be used in combination with a subcell structure

External Cell: External Cells are cells that belong to any other BSC in the PLMN and to which a handover can be made from one or
    several cells in the BSC in question.
    An External Cell is only needed to create a Neighbor Relation to
    a cell belonging to another BSC.
    External Cells can be a Level 1 Type Cell, a Level 2 Type Cell,
    or a Level 3 Type Cell, depending on which type of Internal Cell they represent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.