Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

NPO Cartography

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rex

Hi,
    A week ago ALU installed NPO. How to import and see cells in the map? I tried to import and it says “Error in fetching param_id for RNP_CELL_ID”. Where did I wrong? I’ve read NPO Admin guide, but somewhere I missed something.
    I appreciate if somebody will share the importing procedure.
    Best Regards,
    Rex

pix

Rex,
    Hello, I used to have this problem also. You must update a file in your own laptop :
    C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

open it with notepad

add a line below your last line with your NPO server Ip adress. In the end it should look like this :

127.0.0.1 localhost
    “ip_npo” (TAB) “hostname_npo”

with ip_npo : the ip of the npo server
    hostname_npo : the actual hostname of the npo (as seen on server’s terminal)
    separate these two info with a “TAB”.

Rex

Hi Pix,
    Thank you very much for your help. I will try it this morning and see if it succeeds. If you don’t bother I will ask you if I have some other questions regarding this (if something fails).
    Thanks again,
    BR,
    Rex.

P.S. In September, as we are informed, we’ll have a training for B10 and NPO. If the training will be held in Lannion, will you be there? I would like to meet you.

Rex

Hi Pix,
    lines were already there in the file. But still can’t import maps (mif files). And, about cof files, is it needed to import all cof files or just RNO_AW01.rno? It takes only zipped files. Which files should I zip first, or maybe all “Live” folder exported from RNP.
    Best regards,
    Rex

Pix

Rex,

Yes you will probably meet me 🙂 How do you know I’m there ? I’m trying hard to keep it secret… From which country will you be coming from ?

for the MIF file : just import the MIF file. When NPO asks for a MID file, import nothing, just go to “next”.

For the Cof, you cannot import .rno file anymore. you should just import a COF file in zip format.
    If you give me your email (or if you know mine) I’ll send you a file template.

Cheers
    pix

Rex

Hi Pix,
    I’m from Kosovo. I was once in 2008 in January in Lannion and maybe we were met during the training (NPA&RNO). Were you in that period in Lannion? Anyway, I will respect the fact you’re trying to keep it secret.
    Regarding COF files, which COF should I zip and import? Just one file or all of them one by one (there are cells, adjacencies, TRXs…)
    My e-mail address is rexhepsherifi@gmail.com or rexhep.sherifi@vala900.net
    Waiting for the file template.
    Best regards,
    Rex

Rex

Pix?

pix

ok, done, sorry for the delay (it is friday, after all !)
    :))

Rex

Hi Pix,
    Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate that.
    And, Yes, I know you. We even have a photo together in the class.
    Best regards,
    Rex

Rex

Hi Pix,
    I tried all you suggested, only with raster I could succeed. Still can’t import planed data(I adapted the cof file you sent me) and MIF files. An error appears “import was unsuccessful”. The NPO version we use is the latest (as ALU told us), it’s 9159 Version MA23D31.
    BR,
    Rex

Pix

Rex,

The NPO version is fine.

The cof import should not be any problem. Are you zipping it properly ?
    I never had any problem importing the cof, as long as the format of the file is good, it should run smoothly.

Unfortunately, I can’t help you more than that : I can only encourage you to check your cof file one more time.

For the MIF, it can be more complicated, because the geo-coordinate system should be in long lat WGS84. If your initial ‘tab’ is in another format, it is difficult to translate it. You must first save your ‘tab’ using the “save as…”. And in the “save as” pop-up, look for “options” (or something like this) where you can actually transfmort the coordinates into the good system.
    Then reopen the new tab and export it as .MIF.

Another thing you can do : send me your cof file and your mif, I can have a look 🙂

regards
    pix

Rex

Hi Pix,
    Thanks a lot for your effort.
    Best regards,
    Rex

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.