I have a problem with inter-BSC handover:
1. The number of inter-BSC handover attempts have dropped together with the success rate
2. Cell relations and MFs are correctly defined in the 2 neighbour BSCs.
3. From drive tests, it is clear in LAYER 3 messages the mobile is not even receiving handover commands from cells in the other BSC
4. intra-BSC handover is working fine.
5. One funny observation in TEMS is that in the Measurement report sent by the MS, there is no list of neighbour cells but in the SI message type 5, the MS is sent a list of MFs on which to measure. (the mobile is restarted and it is the same; so I don’t believe it is an MS) problem.
Still inter-BSC handovers are not happening but intra-BSC HO are happening.
Any ideas? Thanks
Can you slightly explain how the BSC synchronization can impact the inter-BSC handover? How can I check the status of BSC synchronization in E/// (that is if you are familiar with Ericsson). Thanks.