Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TCH congst even though there is capacity

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    CHIKO

Dear All,

We have a site that 2 of 3 sectors have TCH congestion which started simultaneously even though there is capacity. could you pls help me? There is no HW and SW change on that time

Best wishes,

cafar

Did you check transmission?
    dou you observe the same problem on the other cells that on the same transmission path?

BR,

Mania

Hi,
    You should check it in detail, i.e check the utalization in hourly basis at the hour when you have congestion.
    Some times it can happen if the cell is concentric then DCS is empty and still we have congestion as call has to meet Level thresholds to qualify for DCS and so non-criterion meeting cells may cause congestion.
    It might be that one of the TRXs is faulty or not proporly created so call is never assigned to it.
    Similarly depending on which vendor you are working on there might be issue with creation on one / multiple TCH Channels not taking calls.
    There might be issue with HR / FR thresholds.
    Check stats on hourly basis and on TRX-Channel basis

Brother

Chiko,

Is this situation still there or just one hour

Thanks…

naveen

This might be a bit far fetched, but have defined enough SDCCHs for that sector? 🙂

LEX

Hi,
    Which vendor you are using.
    Is it ZTE?

Regards
    LEX

CHIKO

“This might be a bit far fetched, but have defined enough SDCCHs for that sector? 🙂 ” 1.and 2. of 3 CELL.

“Hi,
    Which vendor you are using.
    Is it ZTE?”
    not ZTE

Mania

Hi CHIKO, now I am more confused after your last post. could you state your vendor for more specific investigation.
    Try if the hardware is ok, try setting BCCH on that TRX. obvoiusly thats not possible if that TRX is DCS of concentric then try lineanting you Zone Thresholds and locking other TRXs of DCS that way the assign failures might increase but the TRX should get traffic. By the way do you have assign failures on that cell or not and if possible try the Abis traces.
    But do give more information. like vendor TRX Zone, Z0ne thresholds, what happens when other TRXs are locked etc.

naveen

Have you tried looking at a TEMS log of the failed call? That might give you some hint, as to where the call is failing!

hongkyvn

Hi all,

Can you show me how to calaculate GPRS KPIs at Network level?

Can I calculate this by averaging KPIs using data volumes as weight factor??

BRs

Ky

CHIKO

Vendor is Ericsson

Mania

Hi Chuiko,
    Could you also check the TRX profile as some times the TRX can be set to take emergency calls only and such profiles i believe erricson also has these settings.
    The most probable case else would be of UL Interference (due to faulty TRX/ Cabling issue) as that too prevents calls to be assigned to that TRX

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.