- This topic has 12 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by Harender Singh.
2nd December 2009 at 12:08 #59936NestorGuest
I have one question about TEMS
1. serving cell has bad quality (6-7). And no any other co-cannel or adjacent near the site.
2. But in the “Serving + Neighbors by Band” of TEMS I see the serving cell two times with the same BSIC and same BCCH with different RxLevel (70 & 79 dbm).
Is it possible the reflection cause or other problem? Vendor is Nokia.2nd December 2009 at 16:15 #59937PixGuest
I remember in TEMS, you always see the serving cell twice… That is just a display trick from TEMS, it is not a real problem.
Bad quality could be due to low level, or an interference you didn’t detect yet, or a HW problem, or a misconfiguration of your frequencies (TRX 1 is interfering with TRX 2 ? I have seen that already…)2nd December 2009 at 16:36 #59938AliAsgherGuest
1- Is the Quality indicated in RxQual Full OR RxQual Sub, also is DTX enabled?
2- Serving cell is shown twice with Different RxLev as the serving band is different from the BCCH band AND the cell has got its own ARFCN added in the Active measurement frequency List. (MF LIST)
Regards,3rd December 2009 at 02:56 #59939BijoyGuest
A small correction
Regarding pt 2,your latter part is true.if the serving cell bcch is in your active mf list(double ba list in case of nokia),it will be shown twice.even if the cell is single band
Nestor-u can check this out
bijoy3rd December 2009 at 06:03 #59940NestorGuest
I would like to clarify:
1. In huawei or in Alcatel I don’t see serving cell two times.
2. It happens only in Nokia and not always.
3. DTX and DL PC enabled. And quality on both side is bad (sub and full)
4. as well I don’t understand, is it normal situation to show twice the serving cell with different level?
Thanks:3rd December 2009 at 08:43 #59941PixGuest
I can’t help on “why it happens”, but I can tell you why you are seeing 2 different levels :
– one RXLEV is the DL RXLEV BCCH level : maximum power, on 1st TRX (no power control, no DTX)
– second RXLEV is the current DL RXLEV of your TCH timeslot : attenuated by DL PC and DTX, on probably another trx than the 1st one.
2 TRX in the cell might have different Tx Power (either due to configuration or due to hardware problems or due to different feeder systems, different antennas , different orientations, the color of your cat and the size of your car…. 😉 )
pix3rd December 2009 at 11:21 #59942BijoyGuest
You will observe this in Huawei if you are using Enhanced concentric cell feature.Why this happens because in Enhanced concentric feature you have to define the same cell as its neighbor & so the cell’s BCCH gets added to its 2G BA1 & 2g BA2 table
Rest I agree with Pix.
Bijoy3rd December 2009 at 11:32 #59943NestorGuest
Now it is clear
Thanks to all3rd December 2009 at 12:56 #59944PixGuest
“Rest I agree with Pix.”
That might well be the 1st time !!!4th December 2009 at 05:18 #59945BijoyGuest
Ha Ha Ha:-)26th April 2010 at 09:24 #59946Harender SinghGuest
I just want to know that when we do drive test using tems why some samples comes out of area .
ex.– if i export 1 log file and then opened in mapinfo and when i am fetching the bcch for the network , i also getting samples with ( 0 & -1 )range , what does it mean?
please tell me solution as soon as possible , i really need this26th April 2010 at 13:48 #59947BrotherGuest
Hi Harender Singh,
Did you select “MS” when you were exporting, if you used scanner and export log file both MS1 MS2 or whatever, those values u will see27th April 2010 at 16:08 #59948Harender SinghGuest
Yes i am not selecting the ms , i m just exporting with all equipments. could u plz describe it more, so that my doubt can be clear more