Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

call drop due to expiry of T200 timer

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Bijoy

Makarand
    1st Query
    T200 is a basic timer in the LAPDm & LAPD protocol (default value 240ms). T200 is the time between retransmissions, T200 is started for every transmission of a frame, and if the timer expires the frame is retransmitted. If the error persists after N200 retransmissions a link failure is detected and the data link is re-established. If the contact between the BSC and the BTS (or BTS & the MS)is broken the protocol will detect a link failure in approximately one second when using default values, calculated as (N200+1)*T200 + transmission and processing time.

2nd Query
    It is just the other way round.Data link failure is the cause of HO failure

3rd Query
    As HO process is break before make,so the data link in case of HO is from MS to target BTS.
    After the HO command ,if a data link failure is observed,HO faiure happens,& then either return to old channel or call drop happens.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Marco

PLESE HELPE ME, WHATS THE OPTIMUM VALUE TO T200 IN BTS SIEMENS?

anurag

Hi ,
    plz let me know about max cap and its effect on network KPIs

yogesh

Is SIGDEl parameter Impact Cndrop & Tndrop when it is LONG?

SAYAN SARKAR

HOW CAN I CHANGE T200F AND T200S VALUE FROM BSC END.THE BSC IS A NOKIA DX-200 BSC.CAN YOU PLEASE SUPPLY THE COMMAND..OR THE PROCESS…

WHY THIS TIMER IS NEEDED IN GSM ??

sumit mathur

hi,

can anyone please let me know why sd drop increases when nokia bsc is migrated from MSC to MSS. To reduce sd drop we have to increase the T200s timer value.

ahmad

i am GSM optimization engineer. I want to know optimum value of T200F timer to reduce TCH assignment failure rate in Nokia BSC?
    if anybody has experence about it or know other counters have effect in TCH Assignment Failure, please help me

Arvind S Inani

We are using Nortel BSS. And facing high SD drops due to T200 timer being elapsed. Can anyone let me know the reason.

Rakesh solanki

Values for T200 timer in NSN Bsc

T200F – 300 & T200S – 1200

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.