Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

LOW TCH MHT and high SDCCH MHT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kaw

dear
    I have problem in my sites such that I have very low traffic,very low TCH Mean holding time but high SDCCH mean holding time what is the possible reason ( RF point of view and Hardware)

pix

would you mind giving us some QoS Values of the indicators you’re talking about ?

What about congestion tch & sdcch, amount of traffic tch & sdcch, handovers ?

Are there call drops in the cell ?
    Maybe the calls are sent to other cells with handovers. What is the main cause of HO ?

kaw

pix
    carried traffic around 2ERL, TCH MHT 15 and SDCCH MHT around 6 and there is no congestion for TCh and SDCCH and HOSR around 95% and for More we use one counter TCH blocking excluding HO is 4%

pix

is this an umbrella cell, that will send calls towards other cells immediately after call setup ?
    to investigate :

check the number of HO / call
    check the main cause of HO
    check where the HO are going (which target cells mostly ?)
    do a drive test

kaw

Pix
    site is not umbrella , and If the site after call setup send calls to other cell why SDCCH MHT is high normally it is between ( 2~4)s.

pix

long SDCCH duration can be due to various things : high amount of FDR, Location updates, SMS, …

in your opinion, do you think the main problem lies in the SDCCH duration or in the TCH duration ? For me (maybe i’m wrong) it’s the TCH behaviour that shall be fixed first hand.

i think if you can know where the calls are going and why they’re going in these particular target cells, it will solve your problem of short TCH duration and, as a side effect, your problem of long SDCCH.

kaw

Pix
    I would like to give me more detail
    (in your opinion, do you think the main problem lies in the SDCCH duration or in the TCH duration ? For me (maybe i’m wrong) it’s the TCH behaviour that shall be fixed first hand.

i think if you can know where the calls are going and why they’re going in these particular target cells, it will solve your problem of short TCH duration and, as a side effect, your problem of long SDCCH)
    I do n’t understand as you know if the SDCCH is not solve How you solve TCH.
    and Second thing what do you mean for knowing the call to go

pix

I mean : the call is setup in the cell, and after 15 seconds it is sent (handover) to another cell :
    – which target cell exactly ?
    – why ? (reason for HO ?)

The reason for long SDCCH is not important : first you must understand what is the problem with the TCH.

Maybe once you fix the TCH issue, you’ll see that the SDCCH is fine also.

Another investigation : do you think it could be a TRX HW issue ? Can you try to lock the TRX that gets most of the TCH allocation, and check if other TRX’s will carry the TCH longer ?

kaw

dear
    thanks

Rami

Hello,
    I think it is better to check if you have some time slots faulty of that TRX. It is recommended to do a TS check using TEMS.

In case of TRX or TS faulty you might face a lot of TCH drops, in case the problem is with the SDCCH TRX then you might face SDCCH drops.

Try to identify the SDCCH TS on another TRXs as well.

Good Luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.