Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Mean Holding Time by RNO

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by pix.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Toofy

Hello,
    I observed by RNO the MHT on interface A(A_Duration_Avg) and MHT on Air interface(RTCH_Duration_Avg), I saw that the MHT on interface A is significatively greater than on the interface Air.
    I have no explanation why these values are not equal or with a slight delta in part because of the congestion on the A interface there are no other factors that explain a difference so greater.
    Does someone has worked on it or have an explanation?

Pix

Can you give an example of the values you find for interface Air and interface A ?

Thank you 🙂

Pix

Pan

Toofy:
    QUEUE??? OACSU??? Have you a one of this features (or both) in your network?

Bilal

Can intra-cell handovers cause this? Every intra-cell handover causes a new TCH allocation without new A interface allocation. This can result in lower values of TCH MHT.

Pix

Bilal,

I don’t think so, the MHT should take this in account. But I’ll check it out tomorrow.

toofy

Pan, this Two features are not implemented.
    I think that the Hand Over Intra/Inter Cell are the cause of this problem because it cause a number of allocation too bigger but in A interface there’s no new allocations.
    what do you think?

Pix

Bilal,

I was wrong : Intracell HO can cause a lower value of Mean Holding Time.

(A TCH is seized whenever a 48.058CHANNEL_ACTIVATION message is about to be sent to the cell to activate a full rate TCH channel for normal assignment or handover.)

Bilal

Following formula can be used to calculate Call Mean Holding Time(seconds):

3600*TCH Traffic/No. of Assignment Complete Messages

TCASSALL is the Ericsson’s counter for No. of Assignment Complete Messages

pix

bilal,

that’s good.. in alcatel, there are actually :

– TCH duration avg (cumulated TCH busy time / nb of assignment complete, incl. intra HO, inc HO, TCH normal assignment)

– Call duration average ( RTCH_duration_avg * (1 + RTCH_HO_per_Call))

There is no “mean holding time” per say.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.