Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Indoor Problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    belal

when i raise the antenna power, a noise took place on the nearest MS to the antenna so the call for this MS will drop down, can any body explain this thing.

Pix

This situation can happen because it generates some blocking.. i forgot the details, but it has to do with the RXLEV of the UL and DL.
    Nevermind. I think you can solve the problem by activating both DL and UL power control. And if they are already activated, try decrease by few dB’s all the PC thresholds.

For instance : UL PC : Up = -85dBm, Low = -95dBm
    DL PC : Up = -75dBm, Low = -85dBm

And don’t forget the MIN POWER for MS (2dBm) and the BTS (min power possible ? depends on your BTS’s brand)

Hope it helps.. Please let me know how it turns out !

Regards,

Vik

Hi, Is it happens to all MSs, or to some particular brands only? I am asking because recently I had similar problem.

belal

Pix

the guys at vendor side told me that the reason is from raising the power. they said that in 3G u have only one channel so the power is the parameter to be changed. can u help in that since i am still not convinsed

pix

you didn’t say it was a 3G indoor cell ! yes, in 3G the power of TX can have a huge impact on call drops and capacity of the cell.

belal

Pix

how can this happen

pix

those are CDMA’s fundamentals, but i can’t go too much into details… I’m more a 2G guy, where there is actual business and useful technologies 🙂

Yogesh Buttan

Hi
    we have huwaii msc but bsc is of ericsson we were testing an rbs2106 micro bts, if we initiate a call from sony ericsson mobile it was accessible but other models like nokia,siemens were not getting access to that cell site i.e. latched on micro cell but tch is not allocated on the same micro it was with neighbour site.

paraHO

belal, you said
    “when i raise the antenna power, a noise took place on the nearest MS to the antenna so the call for this MS will drop down, can any body explain this thing.”

Try checking out SIB7 UL-interference

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.