Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TCC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JAOS

HELLO EVERYBODY:
    Which is the effect when do you apply TCC in bspwrb & bspwrt? this change also affects the capacity?

Pix

hello jaos,

i’m not familiar with the terms you are using…

JAOS

BSPWRB & BSPWRT ARE PARAMETERS FROM ERICSSON GSM AND THEY ARE PARAMETERS THAT POWER TRANSMITED.
    I NEED TO KNOWN HOW ARE CHANGES IN CAPACITY INSTALED FOR TCH&SDCCH

Pix

Hi Jaos,

bs pwr = transmitted power by the BTS, so i gather it acts on DL power attenuation or DL power control… bu your definition doesn’t give the specifics.

normally, changes in emitted power doesn’t modify the capacity of a cell, neither in TCH nor in SDCCH, but i need to know the exact definition of these parameters to be sure.

Tufail

Hi JAOS,

TCC means Transmit Cohorent Combining, this is an Ericsson feature that provide addition 2dB gain on transmitting.

47dBm + 2dBm = 49dBm

but main disadvantage of this feature is that it reduces capacity by half. 2TRX act as 1TRX, 4TRX act as 2TRX.

thsi feature is mainly used on Highway sites.

Hope this will help.

Consultant some Doc on TCC

Pix

Oh that’s interesting. Alcatel is just introducing the same feature with its new TWIN trx modules. Those TWIN trx can be configured in such a way that they use 2-Tx diversity, for half the capacity.

The gain is coming from the use of TX diversity, which should be about +3dB in urban areas (depending on environment).

JAOS

tufail & pix:
    Thanks for your contribution it is a good explanation

Tanvir

Hi Tufail,

Thanks for your explaination.
    Can you please assist why we use TCC in our network and we have 8/8/8 configuration.
    can we not use TCC in urban areas? If yes , what will be the configuration.

And if you have any doc please mail that to me.
    tanvir_uk2002@yahoo.co.uk

Tufail

Salam Tanvir,

As already said the capacity reduces to half of the capacity available.

As far use in urban areas is considered I think this is not a gud idea as the intersite is very less and havin asite with this much of power will disturd the frequecy plan.

So its better to use this feature in rural areas and HW.

One more this I like to add we can use it in OL/UL mode.

Hope it will help.

Regards
    Tufail

Gaurav Kalra

what is TCC?
    what it means for us in respective applications?

Yaqubi

Hello Tanvir ,

I have applied TCC on a Cell and the power is changed on BSPWR & BSTXPWR from 47 to 79 and the power in BCCH channel remained the same 47 and while I am appying to change on BCCH channel is not possible .

the feedback and experienced I go it only traffic improvement and degradation on DCR % it is increased from 2 % to 13 % . I got that this DCR is due handover drop and could be problem of imbalanced power , kindly need your recommendation guys .

Thanks ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.