Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

T3126

• This topic has 24 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Pd.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    VIVEK

Hhmaan
    the unit for every timer is in milliseconds.

paraHO

“the unit for every timer is in milliseconds.”

Vivek where did you get that from?

Is that vendor specific?

GSM0408 (ETS300557) and 3GPP TS0408 both have T3126 stated in seconds

Ater

If you are in a GPRS session. What would be the reasons for the “T3126expired” indication? ( if there are.. )

Pix

Ater,

ParaHO just gave the full definition below !!

Ater

Thanks PIX, Im familiar with the definition but sometimes in the field you see things that arent in the books.

Pix

Oh, i’m sorry, you meant the “root cause” of the expiration.

well, mostly it will be due to SDCCH congestion or poor radio link (interference / coverage / path balance)

this timer is internal to the MS, so you’ll probably never be able to “see” the expiry of the timer.

Ronnie

In the event of having call setup fails my traffic report show no SDCCH congestion. I have dynamic SDCCh activated on all cell but yet i am getting call setup fail. Does anyone know what may be cause this problem? i work with Ericcson Equipment.

pix

ronnie,

congestion is not the only cause of call setup. it can be due to faulty hardware equipment, or more probably to radio problems (poor coverage, strong interferences)

keep in mind that a MS in call setup will jump from BCCH to SDCCH to TCH. So the MS is experiencing a lot of different frequencies, different timeslots, different TRX’s. If one of them is faulty or interfered, the call setup will fail.

Regards,
    Pix

Alexa

Hi, Ronnie.

We have the same problem High call setup failure with Ericsson equipment due to T3126. We deactivated dynamic SDDCH Allocation and redefined them in channel group 0. But, we don´t know why this situation happend. We don´t have interference, and the signal level c/i is really good, we are waiting for Ericsson´s response.

Pd

Hi Alexa,

You have a query regarding high call setup failure with Ericsson equipment due to expiry of T3126 on 7th Aug’2008. Have you find any solution?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.