Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPRS: PCCCH configuration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bitcruncher

Hi,

I’m new here, trying to understand the options for configuring a PCCCH for GPRS. How exactly does the system indicate the existence of PCCCHs ?

I understand from TS44.018, §10.5.2.37b, that the existence of a PBCCH is indicated on BCCH in SI13 by means of the “PBCCH description”. If that one is present in SI13, the cell clearly has a PBCCH. If not – no PBCCH.

According to 44.060, §11.2.19: If there is a PBCCH, PSI2 contains a list of PCCCHs, called “PCCCH Description”. Fine.

But somewhere in the www I found the following statement: “If a PBCCH exists there must also be one or more PCCCHs (would be consistent with what I found above), but there can also be PCCCH without PBCCH”. If the latter is true however, I have no clue as to how the MS is told about these PCCCHs. I would expect this to be broadcast then on BCCH, probably SI13, but I can’t find any suitable IE in SI13 accomplishing that.

Can anyone help me ?

Thx, bitcruncher

kuldeep

Hi,
    Its not possible to have PCCCH without PBCCH.

Regards,
    Kuldeep

bitcruncher

Hi Kuldeep,

thanks for your reply.

This is also the best guess I arrived at after some further research (although I couldn’t find the striking argument for this in the standards).

regards

bitcruncher

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.