Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CELL ENHANCER

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    QASIM ALI

we wanted to increae our coverage in remote areas without installing new BTS. We wanted to use cell enhancer,pls correct me if i am wrong.This cell enhancer or repeater will take some channels from existing BTS and work as BTS ,distance between BTS and repeater is around 10 to 15 km. It is called channel selective outdoor high power repeater.If anyone have worked on it ,pls let me know about it.Pls explaine me in detil.

Fabio

Qasim Ali,

This repeater is a great eal to cover deficient points of your network.
    Its main purpose is to “repeat” the chennel that already gets in some place with a deficient level. For example, in a location behind a hill, you have a signal of -95dBm, wich can lead your subscribers to drops or fail on access. The repeater will amplify this signal (on both ways) so your subscriber can talk with a better quality.
    You must be careful to use them, ’cause tehy will repeat the frequencies (wich may cause you some troubles with your frequency planning).
    I don´t know if that was what you were asking, but there it is…

Hope I have helped you

Vanderlay

Also it is not good to have one the same place coverage from both the repeater and the BTS. This causes interference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.