Cell spliting is a technique used to improve cell traffic without increasing co-channel interference. Instead of being served by one omni antenna, a cell may have multiple directional antennae oriented in different directions.Sometimes cellspliting is known as sectorization.
– considered is an enterprise with two locations (cities), on each location there is
– building 1: 11 floors, 4 isles per floor, 600 employees in the building
– building 2: 5 floors, 4 isles per floor, 200 employees
– both buildings are interconnected through a private IP connection
– Traffic patterns:
– mobile: 50min per month per user
– fixed: 90min per month per user
– cost impacts if the above traffic load is doubled or tripled
How could you determin the erlang traffic from this parameters?