Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Setup time in GSM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nyasaking

does anybody know the average call setup time in GSM?

Garry !!

Hi,

On an average it is approx 3.5 to 4 sec, but a higher value has to be thoroughly investigated and is definately a source of problem.

Best regards,

Garry !!

pary

hi all
    what is the drop related to MS message (error in connection). is it SDCCH drop or RACH drop OR AGCH drop or NOT.
    BR

Garry !!

Hi Pary,

Well, MS message (error_in_connection) is generated by MSC rejecting your CM_SER_REQ message. It is internal and cannot be construed as RACH drop as RACH access is done by that time. Secondly its not even AGCH drop because the MS has not allowed Access_grant.

This problem is caused by some problem in the PCM trunks towards the MSC. Majorly it is solved by troubleshooting these PCM trunks.

Best regards,

Garry !!

pary

Thanks carry for your valuable clarification:
    Further more we till facing this problem in our net work(error in connection).& we already perform some investigation: such like Redimensioning the Air interface,new roubst plan for our freq,optimization for LA,BTSs config, …..& so on(all major in our side (radio planning)).
    So I think you are right, Cuz we have two link system, PDH & LMDS as backbone & our TX planners are quite new in LMDS technology.
    But regarding the troubleshooting, what is the efficient way to trace it,is it recommisioning our links(& what Abis or Ater) or it related with MSC performance or what…. Plz i need more clarification on it(Document if available).
    OUR VENDOR IS ALCATEL
    thanks

Garry !!

Hai Pary,

This error is not generated by BSS, so you need not re-do your freq plans. LAC optimization/BTS reconfig would not solve this problem.

Try troubleshooting PCM trunks, probably mapping of the TSs. The best way to start is from the MSC end, I assume this problem is network wide rather than cell specific. Check whether some new recently added PCM. I would suggest start from A-inf then A-ter and then A-bis..This would reduce the time in troubleshooting.

Unfortunately my friend, there are no documents available for such errors, as they are network specific. All I have is good years of experience from which I can judge the situation.

Best regards,

Garry !!

Garry !!

Hi Pary,

Do you have any alarms in the areas having “error_in_connection” ?

Best regards,

Garry !!

water

hey guys!!!
    we are having some problems in our network. when you try call a number, the phone displays a message”call failed, Not available.” we have no idea what is not available. but if you try again you go thru.
    please help me find out what cud be the cause of this problem. we are using ericsson equipment.

Garry !!

Hi Water,

Well, there are different causes to such messages. Firstly let me know following things..

1.Is it a cell or site or bsc or msc or network related problem ?
    2.Do you get a display on your mobile phone of “call failed” or Do you get a message “The subscriber is not reachable” ?
    3.Is the message “call failed” is just on the screen when you press the call button ?
    4.Have you done the drivetest in that area ? what are the observations from l3 point of view ?

Let me know your comments.

Best regards,

Garry !!

sanj

hi garry,

i m new to gsm pls help me. suposse we have 3TRX in one cell. how BCCH, SDCCH &TCH will be mapped in TS of three TRX?

Please explain with some examples.Thanks in advance.

jood

Hi sanj
    1)combined mode(light load signaling)
    BCCH on TS0 contained 4 subchannel.
    SDCCH on TS0 contained 4 subchannel.
    7 TCH on the remaining 7 TSs on TRX1 & the whole 16 TSs on TRX2 & TRX3.
    2)Not combined mode(heavy load signaling)
    BCCH on TS0 contained 4 subchannel.
    SDCCH on TS1 contained 8 subchannel.
    TCH on tha remaining 6 TSs & 16 TSs on (TRX2 , TRX3).
    ## Further more you can add more SDCCH if your signaling is still heavy.

Garry !!

Hi Sanj & Hi Jood,

Jood is right with his examples, do let me know if you have some more specific queries.

Best regards,

Garry !!

sanj

hi garry,

thanks for your wonderful explaination. it was really nice. i hope u continue this way on this forum. incase if u dont intend so then pls give me ur personal email id….if dont mind so that i can ask for help in future.

thanks again.bye

water

hey Garry!!!

The problem in network wide. when you try call the number, pressin the call butto, it tries to set the call up, then after around 5 sec the message displays on the Mobile “call failed not available” of just “call failed”
    we do drive tests every two weeks in the cities and the major villages, but we cant exactly pinpoint what cud be the cause of this problem. we don understand exactly where (in the system: BSS or Corenetwork) it happens.

help

nux

hi all,

i also have some problem on call setup. for information, i get one cell re-homed from old BSC to new BSC. when i tried to make originating call, network could “ring” the opposite subscriber (so i think ISUP message has been received) but a few moments later it was disconnected with display in mobile “network unavailble”.

i’m in charge at core network, can anybody tell me what alarm it is?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.