- This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by sam.
18th April 2005 at 06:30 #40830Peter UyenGuest
I have 02 quetions.
1. In switching exchange, we refer to the BHCA (means number of calls in busy hour), is that right? How can we define this parameter? Or how can we calculate this?
2. Erl: What is the basic of this parameter? How can we define this?
For example: Normal subcribers have 0.01 – 0.03 Erl. Where does this result from?
Thks a lot.30th April 2005 at 08:46 #40831YatenderGuest
BHCA stands for Busy Hour Call Attempts . which implies that this parameter relates to number of call attempts in a busy hour and not the number of calls made in a busy hours . suppose a subscriber attempted 5 times to make a call in a hour for a telecom switch , but the call was made through only once , then the BHCA is 5 and not 1.
Most of the telecom switches are designed on the basis of BHCA .If a switch is having a BHCA of 80000 then it indicates on this switch 80000 call attempts can be made on a busy hour and switch will be able to cater all of then , switch will not be having any instability problems.Now how many calls become successful out of these attempts is another case.4th May 2005 at 02:14 #40832Peter UyenGuest
Thks very much! Yatender12th May 2005 at 05:59 #40833yaserGuest
In any swithching network when there is a busy hour and if some user may be blocked due to rush i.e that there are too many useres then what is the method to increase over network capacity.As i am using the ewsd network.12th May 2005 at 06:34 #40834ScotGuest
What kind of Routes I have to observe for BHCA Calculation ?
2.Inter MSC Routes
5.Announcement Platform Routes
Rgds12th May 2005 at 15:42 #40835BimboGuest
All. In case of more than 80% usage…add more E1.23rd May 2005 at 01:12 #40836JCDGuest
You may also add to your monitoring..
3. SMS Boxes
4. Value Added Services7th May 2009 at 13:51 #40837NarenderGuest
can you tell me, what we are required before implementing a POI(Point of interconnectivity) between two switches.30th June 2009 at 05:21 #40838YatenderGuest
For POI, you need to have the
– approval from other switch( if other switch belongs to another operator)
– How the POI will be done , thru OFC, or Copper cable ?
– If its SS7 link , then Point Codes, SRS, SLS, link set, signalling channel etc.8th June 2010 at 05:49 #40839NILESHGuest
WHY USEING BHCA???????????14th September 2010 at 04:16 #40840samGuest
how is bsc capacity calculated