23rd June 2000 at 19:10 #19808
I have a question: Every body knows that a phone exchange is used for switching the calls. And there is two way to make phone switching: spatial and temporal switching.
Now, in the world of IP Telephony.
- Where is the switch?
- How is made the switching?
- What are the standards supporting this kind of switching?
- How are the PTT carries doing IP telephony switching?
I have my own opinion and I would like to know if I am in the right way.
- The switch is the Gatekeeper, who makes the routing, generates the information for the billing, and so on.
- The switching is made by the filtering of the IP datagrams, that are broadcasting in the respective network.
Thanks for your reply,