Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Average traffic per subscriber

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Ayat

Dear , all

plz
    i tried to calculate the company revenue from traffic
    i used answer traffic or answer time . is it the right way to estimate the revrnue (to convert the traffic to money )???
    thanks a lot

Cerebrum

Hi, Ayat.
    If your question is – Is the answer time that I need to take into consideration to calculate the revenue?
    The answer is YES

BUT this isn’t the only money flow to your company. It may have flat rates for subscription plans, every single plan may has conversation time included in its price. Many operators starts charging with a fixed price for the first minute or so, and after that the charging is for every second. Every subscripion plan may has different charging rates and so on.
    But walking your way you can find are your company growing or shrinking?

BR

Ayat

Hello
    Dear Cerebrum .
    thanks for your reply
    Could you explain more i did not understand your idea
    i know there are companies estimate the time of call by unit pulse i think that for example every 10 sec = one pulse = — $
    my way is calaculate all answer traffic (in , out) with all BSC,s
    and convert it to sec. then * the cost of one sec.
    best regards

nisha Luharuka

HI, Can you just help me in knowing. Suppose i have developed a system which help to detect the revenue leakage points in telecom softwares then how do i calculate the cost verses benefit for it

Pix

Hello Nisha,

“detect the revenue leakage points in telecom softwares”

What do you mean ? Can you give us an example of a typical “leakage point” ?

I will take a guess anyway, and tell you that you can calculate how much it costs for the operator o loose a certain amount of traffic.

For instance, if you can calculate that an operator is loosing 100 erlangs per day (due to “leakage”), then you’re able to convert 100 erlangs in actual money.

If one subscriber pays 10 cents per minute (in average), then the computation is simple :
    100 erlangs
    = 100 erlangs x 24 hours/day x 60 minutes/hour x 0.10 $ /minute
    = 14 400 $ / day.

Simple way to demonstrate that the cost of your software can be refund in few weeks. (i don’t think operators loose 100 erlangs / day !!! )

Kurniawanto

Hi All,
    I just want to ask the question about Busy Hour erlang per subscriber for voice, CS Video 64 kbps, PS 64 kbps, PS 128 kbps, PS, 384 kbps in UMTS/WCDMA network??

As I know that GSM Voice 12,2 kbps, Busy Hour Erlang per subscriber is 25 mE/subscriber

Thanks a lot

Pix

Kurniawanto,

It really depends on your average subscriber behaviour…
    for instance, for CS 12.2 kbps, in many countries, they’re using 18 mErl / BH / subs (instead of 25).

Just to say, you’ll have to make assumptions on your own. Not many countries can provide a typical set of avg traffic values yet.

Kurniawanto

Dear Pix,

Thank’s for your replay 🙂

Hmm, the problem is I don’t know exactly the asumption of Busy Hour Erlang per subscriber of CS/PS 64, PS 128, 384 kbps? Would you give me the assumptions that largely used in many countries?

If you don’t mind, would you give me the literarure that explain the Busy Hour Erlang per subscriber for any services??

Pix

hi kurni,

no, i’m sorry, i don’t have all this documentation… i guess you’re working on the operator side ? Then it might be a good idea to ask your vendor(s) about typical values they’re using.

Kurniawanto

Hi guys, i just wanna ask a question abaout Kbps (kilo bit per second) and kbpBH(kilo bit per Busy Our).

What do they mean?

is 1 Kbps equal with 1 KbpBH??

Pete

Hi 3g professionals,

Can someone please explain me, how WCDMA system deals with increased traffic?
    Can I simply add some TRX(I’m coming from GSM) or scrambling code?
    How much traffic can handle one carrier?
    Thanks for your explanation.

BR. Pete

Kur2

Capacity in UMTS/W-CDMA is limited by some capacity resources. They are Channel element, OVSF code tree, power, and Iu Interface

So if you want to increase your traffic or capacity, you must increase WCDMA capacity resource. And it defends on your traffic model and traffic profile.

Pete

Can you be please more detailed?
    Im GSM, when there is a blocking issue (exist something similar in UMTS?) we are adding another trx(frequency), of course if possible.
    What are we adding in umts?
    Another scrambling code? (from secondary scrambling codes?)
    What does it mean an adition of another carrier in UMTS? Does this mean an addition of another frequency band, if operator owe some?
    Thanks in advance.

Kur2

The most important resource in W-CDMA is OVSF code tree. if there’s blocking issue in your network, so you can add your carrier with one new carrier. Because OVSF code tree is represented by carrier

Tungvt

Hi all,
    I just want to ask the question about BH Erlang per user for voice, CS Video 64 kbps, PS 64 kbps, PS 128 kbps, PS, 384 kbps in WCDMA network in Japan?
    Notes when designing Access netwokr in WCDMA. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.