The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
A-Z termination - click here
A-Z termination - CLICK HERE
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

cell individual offset

VICTOR ALBERTO PEREZ - 1st October 2018  (21:56 GMT)

Hi, you can change de CIO (Cell Individual Offset) when you want perform HO easier, while greater CIO value is easier the HandOver to target Cell.

Sachin Dubey - 9th September 2014  (08:15 GMT)

Hi, I want to understand, what are the conditions other than Cell Unavailability, for a Cell, that triggers the counter to peg under Category of Drop due to Unmonitored Neighbors.In simple understanding, can anyone share the reasons of drop due to unmonitored neighbors.

Thanks

Sachin

pix - 6th September 2013  (12:18 GMT)

Hi,

Definition (copied from doc)
The offset is added to the measured quantity before the UE evaluates whether an event has occurred. Improper use of non-default values may result in instability and unequal cell borders.

By applying a positive offset, the UE sends a MEASUREMENT REPORT message back to the SRNC as if the measured value is offset higher than reality. By applying a negative offset, the UE considers the measured value to be offset lower than reality at event evaluation.

Range:
-10 dB (late detection) > 10 dB (early detection)

Default:
0 dB

Resolution:
0.5 dB

Scope
Cell

Onigece - 6th September 2013  (05:22 GMT)

Im not also familiar with this parameter, but as someone hinted to me, CIO is a 3G handover parameter. The higher the CIO,the earlier it will handover to neighbor cell, therefore the lesser the chance of call drop because of handover failure. Im not even 1% sure if my argument is correct. Comments pls.

ahmad - 12th April 2013  (06:26 GMT)

hi all

please any one can advice me about the CIO parameter setting , why the default value is 0 , and when I need to change it .

I know that it affect the drop rate , but I need to know under which conditions it will ?

thanks

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.