Free Erlang traffic calculators

The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
Erlang for Excel
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

PS Inter-RAT HO

pix - 11th December 2011  (21:08 GMT)

hi !

ok, now it makes more sense ;)

i'd favour going to 2G when the 3G coverage starts to be too low. You don't want to extend your 3G coverage beyond its nominal cell range. Indeed, that would generate more noise for every other 3G user.

So I would activate the 3G-2G reselection in PTM mode, just before it is too late.
I guess you already actiavted this reselection in Idle Mode ?

And of course, activate it the other way around, but with enough hysteresis to avoid ping pong reselections...

(I know it all sounds very theoretical, but finding the perfect solution for you would require drivetests and extensive stats analysis...)

mXa - 10th December 2011  (12:16 GMT)

Pix,

Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't explain the problem quite well. U r right, there is no HO between 3G and 2G. What I meant is the SGSN context transfer between both SGSNs after RA request.

Now, is it favorable to:
-keep MS on 2G after reselection & open the way for another 3G reselection when conditions are better?
-keep MS on 3G and don't perform 2G reselection?

Regards,
mXa

pix - 10th December 2011  (09:11 GMT)

hi,

i didn't know the PS Handovers already existed in 2G. Which vendor is it ?

I don't see any cons, but I assume it requires a good tuning of parameters so that RNC and BSC can communicate.
the pros is that there is no interruption of the PS transfer while the MS is moving from 3G to 2G. A reselection would take about 2s to 5s to complete, during which the transfer is stopped.

regards
pix

mXa - 9th December 2011  (12:44 GMT)

Dear All,

Can u give ur opinions on pros & cons of enabling/disabling 3G to 2G handovers in PS domain ?

mXa

Other messages

Other messages: [<<Previous 10]

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.