The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
A-Z termination - click here
A-Z termination - CLICK HERE
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

LAC=RAC

Tejaswi RS - 14th September 2017  (18:43 GMT)

Difference for LAC and RAC

paul - 29th January 2016  (13:35 GMT)

I am looking for a code (*#oooo#) for any smartphone any network in the UK so I can find out the RAC of a given site.

many thanks in advance

paul

Sreevalsan - 27th June 2014  (13:23 GMT)

What is the difference between SAC and LAC?

Thanks
SMC

Nalini - 19th December 2011  (11:32 GMT)

What do you mean by Erlangs

Hamidullah Mohammad RIAZ - 21st July 2011  (09:18 GMT)

Hello friends,
Let me tell something about RAC and LAC.
LAC (Location Area Code) is a unique code which is used for calling of the gathering of the tens or hundreds of Base Stations into a single BSC(Base Station Controller).
A subdivision of the LA is called RA(Routing Area) is used by the mobiles which are GPRS attached and the RAC(Routing Area Code) is the code for the calling and differing of various RAs.

R - 16th August 2008  (10:41 GMT)

Hi Mirmar

Usually we keep LAC = RAC .

There are no risks in keeping that configuration, rather it is the best and prefered configuration.

One LAC may contain 2 to 6 RACs but that is not prefered since it may lead to unnecessary RAC updates and thereby increasing the signalling load.

The moving GPRS traffic is usually low . If however, the GPRS signalling load increases then one RAC can be splitted into two.

rgrds

Mirmar - 15th August 2008  (09:56 GMT)

Hello every body,

I am working with an operator (ALCATEL BSS) having LAC=RAC for all cells. Please what are risks of LAC=RAC ? (normally one LAC contains 2 to 6 RAC)
Can paging be impacted ?

Thanks.
Mirmar.

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.