Free Erlang traffic calculators

The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
Erlang for Excel
VoIP bandwidth calculator
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

gmsk and 8psk

pix - 7th June 2017  (21:00 GMT)

hi,

Voice channels use GSMK -not GMSK

Packet channels GPRS use GMSK (cs1-4)

Packet channels EGPRS can use both GMSK (mcs1-4) and 8PSK (mcs5-9)

Any specific question regarding those modulations ? What are you optimizing ?

br / pix

Mohamad - 29th May 2017  (12:43 GMT)

kindly your help to know which modulation can use for GSM, is it 8PSK or GSMK?

WALI - 9th December 2015  (10:49 GMT)

kindly let me know in detail about data rate in gmsk and 8psk.,while emplementing EDGE/GPRS on GSM network.
Also kind guid me using nokia trafic manager,ho we can define the two techniques.
regards

pix - 4th August 2007  (05:42 GMT)

Wali,

one timeslot on the air interface for GSM carries up to 22.8 kbps of 'raw' data in GSMK modulation (voice or GPRS), and up to 55kbps in 8PSK modulation (EDGE).

one user can get up to n timeslots when transferring data (GPRS / EDGE), depending on the class of the mobile. It is usually 4 timeslots... so the data rate can reach 220kbps in excellent condition. In urban environment, one user can usually expect 180kbps (outside busy hours).

for data TS allocation vs. voice TS allocation, it is a little more complicated and vendor's dependent. Let's just say that they usually try to put the data TS on one side, and the voice TS on the other side of the TRX, and the voice has more priority in case of conflict..

wali - 4th August 2007  (05:13 GMT)

Thank you Pix
for your answer,i am glade but please let me clear the data rate between GMSK and 8PSK,while emplementing EDAP when we increase timeslot for EDGE in specific trancivers.
Kindly give me an idea that how we differentiate between voice call and data traffic on these trancievers
thanks

Pix - 3rd August 2007  (09:58 GMT)

Hello,

Implementing EDGE in a network takes about 1 or 2 months of study, then few weeks for implementing the HW changes, and finally few weeks of field trials (qos monitoring, drive tests, etc)

wali ullah - 3rd August 2007  (05:33 GMT)

kindly let me know in detail about data rate in gmsk and 8psk.,while emplementing EDGE/GPRS on GSM network.
Also kind guid me using nokia trafic manager,ho we can define the two techniques.
regards

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.