Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Running Call Center in Dhaka

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi Every1,

I am from USA and provided training for to a new International Call Center in Dhaka. They have started with 20 seats and doing only Inbound customer support form that center. I am pretty amazed to see those 20 people who I trained only 7 days. Their accent is really really good (Almost USA) because all of them are from English School. I am glad that we got a backup destination now for outsourcing. Now on, we can think of Bangladesh as one of the outsourcing destination which is less less expensive than INDIA.

Hope it helps!!!
    ANy comments welcome…

Bayzid

Hey Mike,

You are 100% right. Bangladeshis’ are much more efficient also. Let’s not compare with India as they are doing the business for a long time and they really have a market internationally. Bangladesh need time but it’ll gain its market soon. I’m also setting up a system with 50 seats and hope to do both inbound and outbound.

iwaay consultant

As per my point of view its batter for bangladesh to go for non voice kind of process… like online marketing, advertisement and all.. this kind of process are very easy for bangladesh people and they can work well.. as agent costing is not much over there…
    And anyone can get this kind of process from us..its not much hard job to work on that kind of process.

Regards
    IwAay

Samsul 24hourscall

hi,
    yes its true that Bangladeshi people are not able to use ip phone. because BTRC do not allow voice over bttb connect. now question is, how the call center will be boomed?

there is other option but for call center ip phone is the best way.

in addition, Bangladeshi people are now much more conscious about IT ever since before. there is a call center forum i have found where people are exchanging their thoughts

best of luck

Rahman

Its surprising that setting rules as to run/set up call center taking too long time. Its about 6 months elapsed IPLC issue has not been resolved and BTCL neither reduced /facilitate path for Call center business to kick off. My question if you cannot leave it we will do that but for heaven sake do not take any more time

jafrul hassan shovon

Yes we are now more conscious about
    technology.i think call center will be very potential industry in our country.

Bayzid

Yes… it’ll need some time but it’ll surely come up as one of the biggest industries in Bangladesh. Some 3/4 Bangladeshi call centers are really doing good job. They are coming up with new ideas and their agents are up to the mark.

Hope to see some good MNCs’ outsourcing their works in Bangladesh.

iwaay consultant

We already working with some call centers in Bangladesh but as per the agent quality we are not finding as good as India.

The best process we can give to Bangladesh that are survey kind of process as its hard to find the hard core sales agents in Bangladesh.

My last visit to Dhaka i got some points like lack of English speaking people and not good trainers.. What i found there Great which are the people are hard working and if we give training in good manner they can do well.

It sure can become big things in Dhaka

IwAay

Bayzid

Yes, it’s true that People are hardworking here in Bangladesh and the Business will see a high for sure (InshAllah).

Another point is, some consultants (from outside Bangladesh) now a days are trying to find out different business here. They are giving Campaign/Process to Call Centers here and earning big money from there as upfront or in any mean. Though BTRC is closely looking this issue and where people can easily get work from direct client or even using source then whats the point of giving money to other people and that also for no reason.

I’ll surely ask all Bangladeshis’ who are planning to start Call Center not to give any Upfront money to anyone for taking projects. You can only pay someone when you’ll receive your first payment from the client.

My center has experience of running multiple campaigns at the same time for US/UK/Aus and I have seen that the agents are improving and not survey, Financial Campaigns are good for Bangladesh. Basically it’s how you manage. Your management is a big thing. In Hand training is a better way.

Let’s see what Allah has decided for us.

Mike

Iiway Consultant – “We already working with some call centers in Bangladesh but as per the agent quality we are not finding as good as India”

@ IIway Consultant: We know that we are very new in this industry. But please visit our Contact Center in Gulshan Dhaka and see our agents. You will have to change your quote.

ANd About the Training: We trained them in our in-house training facilities of Mexcall. Our trainers are trained from USA, UK and Australia.
    WE DONT WANT TO USE INDIAN TRAINER because we dont want our agents to speak in Indian English accent. We want neutral accent which is more popular now in Contact Center Industry.

Regards
    Mike

Bayzid

Mike is absolutely right.

Bangladeshis are much better in terms of speaking English. All they need is. they need to learn some telemarketing tricks, customer services, quality assurance. If they can learn thse basic things and if the call Center has good Management, then you don’t have to worry that much.

In order to go along with a proper plan, we need proper planner. That’s it.

There are 1000s’ of consultants here and there and most of them are fraud. Even if some of them are honest but then also how will you believe them.

Thanks to BTRC that they are looking for such fraud in Bangladeshi market. I hope our centers will not invest in getting work, as one thing you should know that for outbound you don’t have to pay any upfront because the client has no risk giving you the campaign/process as end of the day if you perform he’ll get customer if you not then also he’ll get customer from some other centers. The thing is you are spending money on Manpower, Infrastructure, Minutes, Connectivity & other costs. So why paying UpFront?

Mike

Bayzid is absolutely right about PROPER PLANNER & FRAUD CONSULTANTS> If you are interested or already have a call center/contact center in Bangladesh please be careful about choosing your consultants.
    NO UPFRONT payments for OUTBOUND TELESALES.

Regards
    Mike

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.