Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

South Africa Call Centers ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toby

I am thinking about moving from the USA to South Africa and starting a call center. I have a over 20 years of training and organizational development for many multinational companies but not a lot of IT/ Telecom expertise. How is South Africa compared to some of the other places people are opening call centers like Dubai, the Phillipines, India? Any and all advise and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will be making my first trip to South Africa in June 2007, and thoughts as to places I should check out in reference to call centers?

Azeem Anwer

Dear Toby!

I have been working as a Call Center Manager for last four years.

I will not suggest you to develop your call center in South Africa since it’s not well known for outsourcing business.

However, I will suggest you to move such country where you can find the people who have the domain knowledge of this industry since a lot of technicalities are involved to run a call center.

I can understand that you have this domain knowledge but are you confident that if you set up a call center in South Africa, the people you will be dealing with in order to run the business will be equipped to assist you; certainly not.

The best place to move on is either Pakistan or India since they already have a large number of international call centers running smoothly and the supply is not a problem.

Regards,
    Azeem Anwer

jeet varasia

hi toby,
    i suggest u mr.anwar is definately rite about the fact that south africa is not suitable place for running a call centre,well i can help u with providing soultions if u want to open it up in dubai Phillipines, or bahrain or even in pakistan or india..do keep in touch

Fazle

Dear Toby!

I have been working as a Call Center Manager for the last 2 years.

Same as Anwar,I will not suggest you to start your call center in South Africa.

However, I will suggest you to move such country where you can find the people who have the knowledge of this industry since a lot of technicalities are involved to run a call center.

The best place to move on is either Pakistan or India or new in this Business BANGLADESH. Bangladesh would be a very good destination because it has got good Human resources for this industry and in less costs than India and Pakistan.

Regards,
    Fazle Rabby

Colin

Toby,

I hope this message get’s to you before you make a decision. When last did you hear anything positive about an indian call centre. South Africa is becoming well known for call centre’s and there quality is incomparable to that of India’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.