Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Center Hourly Staffing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    William

I have a 50 seat call center that is required to open 7am to 8pm 7 days a week. This means I am open 13 hours every day. How do I staff this if I am required to have 50 people on the phones every hour regardless of the call volume. My volume is currently 5,000 calls a day. I am all inbound. Any help would be appreciated.

majeed

according to the industry its should not cost you more than 2 dollar an hour, and agent cost shouldnt be more than 300$

regards
    Majeed Butt

Jimmy Yu

Normally, the staffing should match the call volume change. Especially at the peak time. That the reason why a lot of call centers arrange people online by every half hour.

At your case,(required to have 50 people on the phones every hour regardless of the call volume),the key issue here is working shift, you can have 50 agent work from 8am to 12pm,(4 hours per shift),12 pm to 4pm, 4pm to 7pm Which means you need 150 person for three shift(4 hours per shift, 3 hours for last one).

Given the sick leave, training, vacation, you need 50 x 3 x 1.5= 225 agent in pools.

Meantime, you also could have 2 shifts, every shift is 7 hours, then you need 100 people every day.

Given the sick leave, training, vacation, I will suggest you need to have 50 x 2 x 1.5 = 150 people to in pool.

This is only the analysis for your situation, there are also some operational for this, for example, you need to have a monthly staff forecast plan for this, including all the situation, such as sick leave, vacation, training and other out-of-office situatinon.

You may also check my web-site frequently for detail information at
    http://www.callcentersavvy.com , Where I will post a lot of call center operational knowledge and tips there.

Hope this helpful.

Jimmy

BPO Sales Person

use the Erlanger model sold right here at ansapoint.com

Raja

If for some reason you must have 50 at all times, go for a blending architecture: The blended architecture will allow your idle agents to be busy doing outbound telemarketing. If inbound calls start increasing in the day, the o/b automatically decreases. So you can possibly earn o/b revenues as a supplement. Your tech platform must have the blending capability. Make every hour earn.

kushal

whats the details can u please send it

Thank you

Liz

I am using a web enabled predictive dialer. I only pay per use and I have agents working from home.

It really eliminates investing in the dialer.

Contact me if you need more info.

Raja

The blending is a feature offered by your call center software. Most leading softwares that handle provide blending, eg Concerto. Check w your software co if the feature is there. And you can get ALL your reps busy doing o/b when i/b is low.

Harikrishnan

Hello William.,

Generally, the staffing has to match the call volume/time change, especially at the peak hours. That is the reason why a lot of BPO companies arrange agents/callers online by every hour.

In your case, you required to have 50 agents/callers on the phones every hour regardless of the call volume/measure the key issue here is shift timings. You can plan Full time 55 agents/callers work from 7am to 4pm (1 Hour break, which includes Refreshment, Hygiene). For the remaining
    4Hours, you can plan Full time 60 agents/callers work from 3:30pm to 8:30pm (1 Hour break, which includes Refreshment, Hygiene).

1. Fulltime Agents 55 – 9 Hours Shift (which includes 1 hour beak for refreshment and hygiene )
    2. Part-time Agents 60 – 5 Hours Shift (which includes 1/2 hour beak for refreshment and hygiene )

You can also have 2 shifts! | Each 7 hours Shift! = you need 100 people every day.

Given the sick leave, training, vacation, I will suggest you need to have 55 + 60 + 5 buffer = 120 people to in pool.

This is a general plan for your situation. You may also contact me.
    Hope this will/could help you in staffing.

Harikrishnan

KK

How do call centers arrange and set agents on hourly basis.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.