Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call recording and distribution

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kate

I was recently hired as an account manager in the USA and am managing a Japanese company with a call center requirement that we fulfill.

They have requested that we record calls without notifying the callers and that we send them all recorded calls for their reference. I know that this would be illegal.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resources I could reference to legally address this issue?
    I would really appreciate any suggestions. – Kate

Jason – Maryland

Kate,

Been through call recording myself. There are several sources for the the regulations, though the only true legal advice can come from a Lawyer. You will find information on the web sites for each states PUC (Public Utility Commission), Local Bell Operating Companies, and from most Trade Groups for call centers, and service providers. A google search for Call Logging regulations will send you to a number of places.

Keep this in mind, from my twenty years experience – you are covered by two sets of laws. The state you are in, and the state from which the person is calling from. I have never found an instance where you can record a person without their prior knowledge and consent. Even police authorities are limited in their ability to record conversations.

Good luck with this, foreign companies are sometimes taken back by our privacy issues.

Jason

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Call center’ is closed to new topics and replies.